Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gallery isn't working  (Read 4032 times)

braveheart

• Coppermine newbie
Gallery isn't working
« on: September 15, 2015, 03:38:43 pm »

Hi there,

I am with a problem... I have switched hosts and domains and my host transfered all my sites files + databases to their server. The thing is that the gallery doesn't seem to be working. I know they already changed the config file to connect it to the database and the folder is also on the new server, but everytime I check benjaminstone.com/photos it doesn't show anything. It actually directs me to the homepage as if the gallery isn't even there.

I can't login as an admin in the gallery because it really doesn't show anything. What could have gone wrong?  ???

Thanks in advance.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Gallery isn't working
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 04:33:46 pm »

Currently your site appears to be in maintenance mode so we really cannot check anything for you.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

braveheart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 06:54:58 pm »

That's wordpress...

This is the gallery on my old server with my old domain: benjstone.com/photos
This is the new benjaminstone.com/photos it doesn't seem to be able to recognize the folder and so it redirects to wordpress and shows a 404 couldn't be found. My host transfered all files and updated the database config file as well... Do you know what could have gone wrong?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 10:22:24 am »

This is the new benjaminstone.com/photos it doesn't seem to be able to recognize the folder and so it redirects to wordpress and shows a 404 couldn't be found.

I don't get a 404 error code, but the same maintenance mode page as Phill. See attached screenshot.

braveheart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 12:14:41 pm »

As I said before, that's a plugin with wordpress, the maintance mode. I closed down the site to change the links and figure out what's happening with the gallery. If it was working well you would be able to see it by accessing /photos, but it's not, it's as if he didn't even exist.

braveheart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 12:19:08 pm »

This is what we did. We transfered the photos folder from the older server to the new one, it's database and updated the config file.

In the docs it says I should login in the gallery and change the url to the new one, but I can't. Do you think something didn't transfer well?

Thanks.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 12:41:11 pm »

braveheart, all we currently see is your maintenance mode page. If we cannot see anything, we cannot help you. So please, either disable maintenance mode or give us some way we can access your Coppermine gallery.

everytime I check benjaminstone.com/photos it doesn't show anything. It actually directs me to the homepage
it doesn't seem to be able to recognize the folder and so it redirects to wordpress
you would be able to see it by accessing /photos, but it's not, it's as if he didn't even exist.

Actually, I don't get redirected. Instead, I get the maintenance mode page, which is probably displayed by a .htaccess file which affects all directories on your server.

braveheart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 12:49:11 am »

Thanks for the help. I can't lift the maintenance mode for a few days but when I do I will post here for help. I will try to delete the directory and transfer the files again myself, if that doesn't work I will come here again for help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.