Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Configuration problems in Album list view and Group(s) allowed to create albums  (Read 4809 times)

taggen

• Coppermine newbie

Hi!

I'm webmaster for a large Swedish association. Now I'm preparing a totally new version of our website. In the old version we're using Coppermine1.5.22 which the earlier webmaster installed. To teach myself the program completely, I have installed Coppermine 1.5.38 at a test site. I have also made a custom theme to make it fit into our new website.

But now I have encountered some problems.

Issue 1
The number of columns in the albums list can't be changed from the default - two.
I change the "Configuration> Album list view> Number of columns for the album list" but it has no effect. I've checked the database and the changed is registered in the table "config > album_list_cols". However, in the" Category Album list view" there are always two columns.
Furthermore, when I go back to "Configuration> Album list view" the selection is once again set to "2".
To me the problem seems to be – The program do not read from the database. But it updates the database in the right way.

Issue 2
The Home screen displays all albums in all categories although I deselect that chose.
I deselect the "Configuration> Album list view> Show first level album thumbnails in categories", but the change has no effect. I've checked the database - I'm not really sure what value this is but I've made a guess on "config > alb_desc_thumb". If that's the correct value would change to "0" if I uncheck this option – but it's always "1". – I suppose it is a Yes / No (1/0) value.
I've tried to change this value to "0" in the database but nothing changes – all the maximum numbers of albums I've set up or exist in each category.
Furthermore, when I go back to "Configuration> Album list view" it's checked again.
To me the problem seems to be – The program do not write to or read from the database.

Issue 3
You can't change or remove user groups in the "Group (s) allowed to create albums in this category" on the Category Management page.
It's also not any kind of a list is it look more like locked text field. The only thing you can do there is to highlight the "Registered" written there by default.
I want no one to be able to add album in any categories other than their own gallery.

Please, Help me solve those problems!

// taggen
// taggen

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

None of your issues occur in my testbed. Please make sure your browser doesn't load cached pages.

You can't change or remove user groups in the "Group (s) allowed to create albums in this category" on the Category Management page.
It's also not any kind of a list is it look more like locked text field. The only thing you can do there is to highlight the "Registered" written there by default.
I want no one to be able to add album in any categories other than their own gallery.

You don't need to add or remove groups in that list. Every selected group can add albums, so you need to deselect all groups, if nobody should be able to add albums to public categories (default setting for each category).

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me

I have also made a custom theme to make it fit into our new website.

Might be helpful to have a link to where the issue can be seen. In addition, please attach a zipped copy of your custom theme folder so supporters can see your changes and hopefully discover any issues therin.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

taggen

• Coppermine newbie

Hi André and Phill!

It's not a cashed page - I've cleaned the cash and I've also opened it in browsers I never used for this. It's the same in Chrome, IE, Firefox and Opera. I also have made a totally new and clean installation where I deleted all the tables in the database and all the content on the server. The same problem occur again.

You can see the gallery at: http://vrstpl.web4u.se/cpmgallery/index.php

If the supporters want an admin login please send me an email address where I can send the account info.

It doesn't matter which theme I use the issues are the same. But anyhow I have attach my theme (based on curve). It's made for Coppermine to fit in an iframe inside my Joomla site.

Tank you André – Now I understand the thing about the groups in the category settings.

// taggen
// taggen

allvip

• Coppermine addict

allvip

• Coppermine addict

You can not set things from Config becacause they are harcoded in your curve_vrs/theme.php.

Replace:

Code: [Select]
// These parameters overide what the user inputs in the Configuration setup to prevent the theme from breaking.
$CONFIG['max_film_strip_items'] = 3; //overrides the number of thumbnails.
$CONFIG['thumbcols'] = 3; //overrides the number of columns for thumbnails.
$CONFIG['main_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the main table (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['picture_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the table for file display (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['album_list_cols'] = 2; // sets "Number of columns for the album list = 2"
$CONFIG['first_level'] = 1; //sets "Show first level album thumbnails in categories = no".

with:

Code: [Select]
/*************************
// These parameters overide what the user inputs in the Configuration setup to prevent the theme from breaking.
$CONFIG['max_film_strip_items'] = 3; //overrides the number of thumbnails.
$CONFIG['thumbcols'] = 3; //overrides the number of columns for thumbnails.
$CONFIG['main_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the main table (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['picture_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the table for file display (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['album_list_cols'] = 2; // sets "Number of columns for the album list = 2"
$CONFIG['first_level'] = 1; //sets "Show first level album thumbnails in categories = no".
**********************************************/

I uncomment the code with /************************* above the code and **********************************************/ under the code. This way is not a php code is just text.

I did not delete it. Maybe you will need it in the future.

taggen

• Coppermine newbie

Oops! I overlooked that part.
Thank you!
// taggen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.