Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal error after changing hosts  (Read 11847 times)

Aniek

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal error after changing hosts
« on: August 09, 2015, 07:28:02 pm »

Hi! First, I want to say thank you for this support forum. I used this place a couple of times now and it always helped me out. But now, I have an error that hasn't been fixed. I searched this forum and could not find a reply that helped me.

I changed servers a few days ago. I moved all my script with databases and all was fine. I followed all the steps while moving Coppermine, set the new database info, but i keep getting the same error.

Fatal error :
While executing query 'SELECT name, value FROM cpg15x_config' in include/init.inc.php on line 179

mySQL error: Table 'XXXX_XXXX.cpg15x_config' doesn't exist

What is this kind of error? I've been using cpg15 since it first released, so nothing went wrong in upgrading from 14 to 15, so I have no idea what went wrong. I contacted my host, they told me to clear the cache and try again. I did that, but the error keeps showing up. I hope you can help me!  :-[

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: Fatal error after changing hosts
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 03:23:47 am »

From the error message, you are successfully connecting to the database (or wouldn't get this far), but not finding the config table (the first of the cpg tables to be accessed.

Using a tool like phpMyAdmin, be sure your tables are in the database Coppermine is connecting to... And that they have the prefix expected (cpg15x_ from your messages.)
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

Aniek

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 01:13:30 pm »

I guess I found the problem then. My tables are named "cpg_" Check screenshot here:

Could this be the problem? That I have to name the tables cpg15x_? Could you tell me how I do that?

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 01:51:33 pm »

No need to change anything in the database...  Your config file needs a small update (same place you edited the database connection...)

Update file yourgallery/include/config.inc.php and replace:
Code: [Select]
$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] =  'cpg15x_';with:
Code: [Select]
$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] =  'cpg_';and Coppermine will find them...

Greg
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

Aniek

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 02:25:38 pm »

That did the trick! Thanks so much!!! I was working on this error for 2 days!  :-* Thanks!! :D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.