Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying pictures  (Read 2389 times)

aznetcowboy

• Coppermine newbie
Copying pictures
« on: June 13, 2015, 06:21:28 am »

I will be shutting down my website and passing the data over to a new person who is using a different software for his website. He wants to copy the pictures, but doesn't use Coppermine. Is the a way to copy pictures out of my Coppermine Photo Gallery so he can have the pictures in his gallery? He is using php-Fusion and the photo gallery included with that package.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Copying pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 05:09:07 pm »

There are a few methods you can do this. You could simply copy your /albums directory to the new host then import the images into the new package from there. The problem with this method is it would include all the thumbs and intermediate images and could all be in lots of sub folders so could take a bit of effort to sort them. On a Linux host this could be done with a combination of rm and grep commands etc.

A simpler method though would be to use this plugin - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,74257.0.html . It allows you to download each album as a zip file which you can then upload and import into the new package.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.