Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I transfer my coppermine gallery to wix.com?  (Read 12423 times)

Yada

• Coppermine newbie
How can I transfer my coppermine gallery to wix.com?
« on: June 03, 2015, 06:02:54 pm »

Hello!

I tried to search for this info in the search button here and someone gave a link for the instructions, however, it said I am not permitted to go to that page, so I'm obliged to post it here.

Recently, I changed the nameservers of my domain to a new host, wix.com. My new website is an HTML, whereas it was a wordpress before (may be irrelevant, I'm not sure).

Now, I want my website members to be able to access thousands of images I uploaded over the 5 years but wix.com support does not know how I can do that. My previous host asked me to compress first, then download the Gallery. Then, apperantly, I need to upload them in the wix server where I should have a personal Control Panel?

Is that so? Or is there anything Coppermine support could do to help me?

Thanking you in advance

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Yada

• Coppermine newbie
Re: How can I transfer my coppermine gallery to wix.com?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:59:41 pm »

Thank you, Andre!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 11:27:32 am »

Not sure if that is actually the case with wix.com. As far as I am aware, they are more of an online web development platform rather than a traditional hosting service. You go into their back end and use their web builder to create your site from their catalogue of templates etc. I may be wrong but I believe they do not support PHP and MySQL and as such you can only really host sites based on their web builder. If they do suppot PHP/MySQL then Andre has given you the right link, if not which is what I believe is the case then you are out of luck. Best speak to wix.com and ask if they support PHP & MySQL.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Yada

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 12:10:15 pm »

Thank you, Phil. Your post is so informative. When I contacted wix support, they advised me to contact Coppermine Support to  get the HTML code for my Gallery to be online again in my wix site. Apperantly, when I receive this code from Coppermine, I will be able to embed it in the navigation bar in the said website and then my Gallery will be visible, online again

Could you kindly provide this code for me?

Thank you for your time!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 12:51:58 pm »

Coppermine relies on PHP and MySQL. The PHP outputs HTML code. For it to do that the server on which Coppermine is hosted must support the aforementioned technologies. You cannot simply create a HTML snippet, which it appears is what wix are asking for here. It sounds like either the support person at wix does not quite understand or that you cannot give them the information they need. It does look to me from my investigations on the wix site that you cannot run applications such as Coppermine, Wordpress, Joomla etc on their hosting.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Yada

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 03:33:52 pm »

Thank you once again Phill for your most informative and kind reply. Wix support did not give me such detailed information and I didn't put it the way you did, either. But now I completely understand.
I will tick this topic as resolved.

Regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.