Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I install it?  (Read 6109 times)

dgteamoficial

• Coppermine newbie
How do I install it?
« on: November 27, 2014, 12:57:11 am »

I have a website but I wanted to buy a new domain name (like a subdomain) and put the gallery there. How do I do that? Is there any webhosting with the gallery included? Im a rookie and my website is made on web.

allvip

• Coppermine addict
Re: How do I install it?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 01:47:44 pm »

I belive you have to use Addon domain in your host Cpanel to add the domain.
Then go to File manager. You will see a new folder that has the name of your new domain: yournewdomain.com. This way you will have your website at firstdomain.com and you gallery at yournewdomain.com.
Put all the coppermine files in that folder than type in your browser (mozilla firefox, internet explorer or other): yournewdomain.com/install.php and follow the instructions.

Anyway you can also email your host for support on how to add a subdomain and you can always ask a hosting company (before you buy a host) if they have Softaculous.
Softaculous installs for you in a minute all kind of scripts: coppermine, drupal, ecommerce scripts etc.

If you want to be at gallery.firtsdomain.com then you can do that in your domain Cpanel. Ask your hosting company for support. For that you don't have to buy a new domain.

Ask before you buy a host if you can have gallery.domainname.com, if you can have more then on domain added to your host and if they have Softaculous.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 02:09:54 pm by allvip »

allvip

• Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 01:55:36 pm »

Beware but many hosting companies are a big lie. If you have a gallery with many images or visitors they will give you headaches. They say unlimited but they actually allow only very small websites on a hosting shared plan.
I have a good web host (they keep their promises) but they do not allow subdomains so my host won't be good for you. Yahoo is also very good but they do not allow .htaccess for hotlinking and other very usefull things.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 09:25:32 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.