Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with the old image  (Read 7274 times)

koni.-

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with the old image
« on: September 21, 2014, 07:55:46 pm »

Hi,  I have a problem with my gallery (http://dobrevonline.com/photos)  I upload images with normality, but my old images in the moment when I see the image en full size, I can't, because are not loaded, please help me.

and when I upload the new images,Thumbnails are old images, not I upload new appears on the thumbnail

Thanks

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Problem with the old image
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:53:19 am »

I upload images with normality, but my old images in the moment when I see the image en full size, I can't, because are not loaded

I followed the link from your thread in the Spanish board: http://dobrevonline.com/photos/displayimage.php?pid=91975
As you can see, the intermediate-sized image works as expected (http://dobrevonline.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/normal_015~205.jpg), but the full-sized image either doesn't exist or the browser don't have permissions to access it (dobrevonline.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/015~205.jpg). You can check that with your favorite FTP client app (e.g. FileZilla) and either fix the permissions or restore the full-sized image from a backup.

when I upload the new images,Thumbnails are old images, not I upload new appears on the thumbnail
Please post a test user account with upload permissions (no admin account!), so we can test ourselves. I assume it's caused by a bad combination of how the custom thumbnail feature works and duplicate file base names.

koni.-

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Problem with the old image
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 05:11:07 pm »

As you can see, the intermediate-sized image works as expected (http://dobrevonline.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/normal_015~205.jpg), but the full-sized image either doesn't exist or the browser don't have permissions to access it (dobrevonline.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/015~205.jpg). You can check that with your favorite FTP client app (e.g. FileZilla) and either fix the permissions or restore the full-sized image from a backup.

I'm totally lost, I don't how to do what you told me. If I change host the problem is solved? Please help me i'm really desperate
PS: Now is in english my gallery

Please post a test user account with upload permissions (no admin account!), so we can test ourselves. I assume it's caused by a bad combination of how the custom thumbnail feature works and duplicate file base names.

Ok, I've created a user and password, which is
user:forum
pass: 150296

thank  u very much

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 08:49:09 pm »

If I change host the problem is solved?
I don't think so. How have you installed Coppermine? Do you have access to your Coppermine files with a control panel or something like that?

I've created a user and password, which is
user:forum
pass: 150296
Please upload some pictures for testing purposes with that user. I expect that your second issue (wrong thumbnail) doesn't exist with that user.

koni.-

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Re: Problem with the old image
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 02:26:10 am »

I don't think so. How have you installed Coppermine? Do you have access to your Coppermine files with a control panel or something like that?

I've installed from softaculous, which is in my cpanel
I urgently need to get my old pictures ... really can not do right now
Please upload some pictures for testing purposes with that user. I expect that your second issue (wrong thumbnail) doesn't exist with that user.

I'm upload  a picture album to test user I gave you. Without any problem.

koni.-

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 02:31:12 am »

I have made a new album "One Films Premiere Of '" Two Night Stand "- After - September 17" I've tried to upload new images but again Thumbnails are old images
 :-[

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:41:14 am »

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same. I just had a look at your new album. All three files each display the same on the thumbnail, intermediate-sized and full-sized picture.

However, I confirm that there are issues with other pictures in your gallery, where the full-sized picture differs from the thumbnail and the intermediate-sized picture, e.g.:
- http://dobrevonline.com/photos/displayimage.php?pid=95813
- http://dobrevonline.com/photos/displayimage.php?pid=95814
(I don't know which of the pictures is the new one and which is the old).

I randomly opened some pictures in your gallery. It seems that all pictures are stored in the same directory (albums/userpics/10001/). Your server fails to list that directory, probably because there are currently up to about 220.000 files. Maybe that's also the reason why Coppermine fails to detect existing images and overwrite (some of) them, as it usually takes care of the same file names and appends a sequential number for new files with already existing file names.

I suggest to clean up albums/userpics/10001/ by moving files to sub-directories. You also need to adjust each file path in the database. I'll try to create a PHP script which does that for you, but I'm not sure if it will work with so much files in one directory (time out issues).

Then we can have a closer look at your actual issue, maybe the admin tools can fix your issue.

FansCityEu

• Coppermine newbie
  • FC
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 05:38:08 pm »

That happened to my with my fansite as well some years ago, I started to upload the pictures by batch and the problem dissapeared.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 08:02:47 pm »

Of course it won't appear for new images, if you upload via FTP and then batch-add or enable that hidden option for the HTTP upload methods:
  • Create sub-directory for each album in users' upload directories

But it won't fix the issue for already existing pictures.

FansCityEu

• Coppermine newbie
  • FC
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 09:08:58 pm »

I know that, but I don't think there's a solution for that. It's like coppermine replaced the old images with the new ones (that what happened with mines) or the other way round I don't remember.
Of course it won't appear for new images, if you upload via FTP and then batch-add or enable that hidden option for the HTTP upload methods:
But it won't fix the issue for already existing pictures.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.