Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USER albums in index page  (Read 4646 times)

subodh

• Coppermine newbie
    • Latest Game releases
USER albums in index page
« on: September 04, 2014, 08:07:04 am »

Hi,
I am creating website for photographer. So, he is only one who has albums. But I don't want to give him admin rights.
So, I want that his albums should be shown on website index page rather than link user gallaries.

Please, kindly help me.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: USER albums in index page
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 03:05:52 pm »

You can allow him to create albums in the public categories in the category manager:
Group(s) allowed to create albums in this category
In coppermine versions before cpg1.5.x, only the admin was allowed to create albums within public (i.e. admin-created) categories. Starting with cpg1.5.x, this has changed: by default, non-admin users can't create albums, but the administrator can decide to allow them to create albums. This can be set by category and user group, so you can allow your users to create albums in category "A" but disallow them to create albums in category "B". This is why there is an additional list box in the category control panel named "Group(s) allowed to create albums in this category" where you (as admin) can specify the groups you wish to allow. The admin group is not being listed there, as the admin can create albums anyway and doesn't need specific permissions.
Choose one or more groups from the list to allow those groups to create albums within the category you're editing. To select multiple groups, hold the [Ctrl]-key down and click on the groups. To de-select all groups, use the [Ctrl]-button as well and click on the last selected group.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.