Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modified (or corrupt) files in version checker?  (Read 2735 times)

jaus

• Coppermine regular visitor
Modified (or corrupt) files in version checker?
« on: July 24, 2014, 04:36:09 pm »

I just updated my gallery to 1.5.30.

I uploaded the files with FileZilla and auto file type detection.

When I tried to access mygallery/index.php,  I got a parsing error in a php file of a plugin.    I looked at the file on the server and it did not have the same size as my local copy.    I started looking at other files and noticed there are quite a few that have a different size.   Also, looking at the problem file in a text editor, the file had no line returns.

I re-uploaded the problem file forcing binary mode, and the parsing problem went away (and the line returns re-appeared in my text editor)

I ran version checker and it reported hundreds of files as "Modified" (or possibly corrupt).  But I have only modified 5 or six files in my gallery folder.

My website seems to be running fine.  Should I be worried?

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Modified (or corrupt) files in version checker?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 02:50:36 am »

http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upgrading.htm#versioncheck_comparison_modified

The best thing to do is download a fresh copy and re-upload. That being said I've never really had a problem when files show modified, just make sure that the files definitely have not been edited.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

jaus

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 07:49:22 pm »

I had read that documentation, but it seemed unwise to re-upload as "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

As far as making sure that the files have not been edited,  I am the only editor so I know the 5 or  6 files that have been edited.  It puzzles me why files would have differing files sizes, and show 'Modified' in the version checker,  but seen to work fine.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 10:34:26 pm »

If the files have different sizes then something must have gone wrong during the upload process. Please download a few of the files and compare for differences using any of the free file check tool for whatever OS you are using.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.