Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limiting Groups that can create albums in category  (Read 5051 times)

JohnTD

• Coppermine newbie
Limiting Groups that can create albums in category
« on: July 14, 2014, 06:59:24 pm »

I know there are other posts addressing this issue, but they don't quite fit.  I'm only testing (which is why my restrictions seem over-tough), but the scenario is: 

I have three Groups - A, B, C (all have 'no' on ALL options showing in Group Manager).  I want to prevent, for example, Group C from being able to create albums in one or more  categories (ideally all - one thing at a time) - I've already sorted stopping them uploading files. 

I go to Category Manager and 'Edit' a category.  The option 'Group(s) allowed to create albums in this category' has a dropbox listing Groups A, B and C.  But I can see no way of deleting one or more entries from this list (in this scenario Group C)- the Help talks about clicking and CTRL, which selects (highlights), but nothing removes them.

I have an uneasy feeling that I'm missing something really obvious - am I?

Incidentally, I've only just found Coppermine (1.5.30).  I'm very impressed so far.

JohnTD

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Limiting Groups that can create albums in category
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 07:54:05 pm »

Ah.  I think I've solved it (though an expert may care to confirm what's below, in case I've still not quite got it!).

1)  In Category manager, if all Groups in the 'Group(s) allowed . . .' dropbox are not highlighted then no groups are selected.  If I highlight one or more (and 'Update category - something I have occasionally forgotten), they stay highlit when I return to them.  Doh!

2)  On the home display page, if any category is available for 'me' to create Albums in, the Upload option will be available.  It says 'no albums available', but has a 'Create Album' button.  Which allows me to create one into which I can then upload files.  Though it doesn't allow me to delete the Album.

3)  If I make sure that the top-level categories (this is a guess - as opposed to having to do the same on all sub-categories as well) have no Groups defined as allowing Create, the Upload button disappears, therefore so does the 'Create Album' button indicated above.  Which is what I want.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Limiting Groups that can create albums in category
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 12:17:02 pm »

Well, what's the actual question? If you disable creating albums and uploading files, users won't be able to create albums or upload files to already existing albums.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 20 queries.