Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allow guests to tag photos  (Read 5912 times)

chirnGl

• Coppermine newbie
Allow guests to tag photos
« on: May 05, 2014, 12:33:32 am »

Hello,

is it possible to allow different users, for example guests, to add their own tags/keywords to the photos that they are allowed to see?
Basically this has already been asked eight years ago (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,27569.msg145258.html#msg145258), but I wasn't able to find such a feature in the config-pages.

My gallery is located here: http://pipnee.com/P3943735C (I used pipnee.com just to prevent those search-bots from getting my url).

All the steps I have done as jet:
  • install cpg
  • set gallery-name, gallery-description, time zone difference, default language
  • add album "Testalbum"
  • edit album-settings to allow guests to upload files
  • edit group "Guests" to allow them to upload files without having me approve the pics first
  • add some sample-pics

So, does anyone know how to achieve such an setting?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Allow guests to tag photos
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:17:01 am »

That's still not possible. The easiest mod would be to allow guests and/or users to access the edit files form. But if you allow them to add keywords to pictures they don't own, they will be able to modify/delete any existing keywords. No good idea IMHO.

Instead, maybe this plugin is what you're looking for: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,60622.0.html

chirnGl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 06:51:32 pm »

Thanks for your reply.
I tried the 'annotate' plugin, but strangely enough it won't preserve the annotations when I'm not logged in (even though I enabled annotations for 'Guests').
Too bad you can't use the gallery-wide search for those annotations... that's what I intended to use this feature for in the first place.

Are there any other (more or less) simple methods of enabling guests to add custom words/phrases to pictures that then can be used with the search-function?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 08:59:49 am »

I tried the 'annotate' plugin, but strangely enough it won't preserve the annotations when I'm not logged in (even though I enabled annotations for 'Guests').
That's could probably be fixed.

Too bad you can't use the gallery-wide search for those annotations
That's probably still easier than modifying the Coppermine core code to enable guests to edit keywords. The plugin already comes with a "shownotes" meta album which lists all pictures which contain a specific keyword, e.g.
Code: [Select]
thumbnails.php?album=shownotes&note=testif you want to test it in your gallery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.