Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linked pictures not visible if user's group access to uploaded group not given  (Read 5890 times)

SmartMart

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,
This is my first support request and I didn't find any answers by searching the forum. So hopefully someone can help.

My intention is to have two albums with the same contents which I achieved by linking from "Album 2" to "Album 1" via album keyword. "Group A" is meant as read only and is assigned to "Album 1". "Group B" is meant to allow users to upload own pictures to "Album 2". This is to differentiate which user can upload pictures or not. But it doesn't work as meant, because I have to assign both groups to a user in order to see the linked pictures. Means, assigning "Group B" only to a user results in not seeing any pictures. But, if assinging both groups, the user gets both groups listed on the gallery page, which is quite confusing.

Hope, I explained the way you understand my issue. Is this a feature or bug?  ;)
Martin

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery

Well... its a 'feature' in that if a user isn't allowed to see the contents of the album - then they won't... whether directly or as a linked photo.

I think what you want can be accomplished with a single album... and 2 groups...
I have not tested this yet - I can't right now... but should be simple enough to try.

Album is visible by a single group - that all people that can view are in...
The album allows visitors to upload
The group does NOT have public album upload privileges.

A second group contains only those people that can upload. (In USER admin - add secondary membergroup to these users)
It HAS public album upload privileges..

I haven't tested - but as the security settings are 'accumulated', I expect all in the first group will be able to view - and only those in the second group will be able to upload...
(Not those in second group will be able to upload to any public album they can view... The security isn't more granular than that currently...)
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

SmartMart

• Coppermine newbie

Hi Greg,

Thanks very much! It works fine. And it doesn't even matter, which one of the groups is defined as primary group, at least not for those users, who have both groups asssigned to them. Important is to have both groups defined as secondary.

Nevertheless, one issue remains. No matter, which of the two groups is assigned as primary, the upload space allowed is not shown in the users control panel (remains "0"). But this is mentioned in the help screen.

However, this is only a simple setup. Having a more complex system would require something like an access matrix, where you can assign each option per category, album and user. The settings panel could look like those assessments one gets after consulting hotlines  :)
Martin

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

No matter, which of the two groups is assigned as primary, the upload space allowed is not shown in the users control panel (remains "0").

"0" means unlimited and will be used as least restrictive value for the upload quota. Coppermine always uses the least restrictive value of all group values a user is assigned to. So I assume one of your groups has "0" assigned as upload quota?

SmartMart

• Coppermine newbie

You seem to be right. I set all other groups to 1KB and now I have the "right" assignments.
Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.