Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smf admin = cpg admin? -> cpg admin dispensable?  (Read 6580 times)

hugooooo

• Coppermine newbie
smf admin = cpg admin? -> cpg admin dispensable?
« on: May 01, 2014, 11:53:17 am »

hey guys,
after following the bridging instructions and setting up the cpg independent from smf i now have two admin accounts. this is not really bad, but i rather only use one. would it cause any problems if i would now after sucessfull bridging delete the cpg admin account? i seem to have all admin rights with my smf adim account, but i am not really comfortable with deleting the cpg admin account.

thank for any input!

hugooooo

• Coppermine newbie
Re: smf admin = cpg admin? -> cpg admin dispensable?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 11:59:07 am »

addition: confirmation-requests for uploaded pictures go the original cpg admin account, and where would those go if i delete it? (where) can i change this?

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 01:57:13 pm »

Don't delete the Coppermine Admin account...
Is you ever need to disable bridging (to fix a problem... for a new release...) it will be required.

The Coppermine Admin is needed by bridgemgr.php to disable the bridge, and then will be your only admin access to Coppermine until bridging is re-established.

As I recall - the confirmation email requests get sent to the 'Gallery administrator email' under 'General Settings' in Config - so you should be able to change the desired email there.

If you want to change the CPG Admin's email or username while bridged, you would need to do so directly in the database in `cpg_users` via a tool like phpMyAdmin, as the CPG User dialogs are disabled while bridged.
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

hugooooo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 02:17:57 pm »

ok, thanks for the warning. so my doubts were reasonable... i will keep the cpg admin account for admin purposes then.

thanks and cheers!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 09:44:18 am »

FYI: if bridging is enabled, all Coppermine users account will be ignored. So it doesn't matter how many accounts you have in your Coppermine database, Coppermine won't use them and you cannot login with them as long as the bridge is enabled. The only exception is the admin account for bridging maintenance tasks, as Greg already said.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.