Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: error changing mail adress in smf: require_once(/embed.php): failed to open s...  (Read 7803 times)

hugooooo

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

I just bridged my smf (2.07) to a brand new coppermine instance. Nice and easy :) but I have one problem maybe someone can help me with:

If I try to change an email adress of any user at the useraccount in smf I (and every other user) get a "plain white screen" (probably php error) when submitting the change and this errorlog:

https://oq.achernar.uberspace.de/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=account;u=1;save
2: require_once(/embed.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /var/www/virtual/oq/html/forum/Sources/Gallery.php
Line: 455

and that would be this piece of code:

require_once($modSettings['galleryPath'] . '/embed.php');

If someone wants to have a look directly into this I could share a test account via pm.

my gallery path is https://oq.achernar.uberspace.de/gallery/ in case that matters, but as said, all works just great except changing a mail adress in userdata at smf...

Thanks for any help!
hugo

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me

I do not think that is a problem with the CPG side of things, more an SMF issue. Gallery.php is not a cpg file. Maybe ask the SMF support team.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

hugooooo

• Coppermine newbie

ok, thanks for the suggestion! will do

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

As Coppermine doesn't change anything in SMF (actually, SMF even doesn't know that Coppermine is bridged to it), this is definitely no Coppermine issue. This apply to all genuine bridges.

hugooooo

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks for confirming, Αndré.
I started a topic at the smf support forum here (in case anyone else has the same problem):
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=521849.0

Thanks and cheers!

hugooooo

• Coppermine newbie

i was completely off and i doubt anyone hit that mistake ever again. the problem was not coppermine, but an unrelated mod.
before coppermine i was trying out gallery 2, which needs a mod. not reading carefully i did not completely uninstall the mod, which caused the error. following those simple instructions solved my problem. i learned my lesson...

cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.