Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prevent users of the group to create and modify existing albums  (Read 8387 times)

Paulo Fernando

• Coppermine newbie

Good morning, congratulations on the forum, it is useful to use it. I know there are many posts talking about permissions but have not found the solution to my problem in any of them so I bring this issue: The admin created the categories and albums, and now I want to prevent users of the group to create and modify existing albums , only allowing them to upload their photos in albums, nothing more.
Delete.php edited the file as seen in a post but it did not work. A good solution would be to hide the administrative controls of the user group allowing only see the control to upload photos.
Many thanks for the replies, I am immensely grateful.

Paulo Fernando

Paulo Fernando

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Prevent users of the group to create and modify existing albums
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 10:44:42 pm »

Removing the sub menus can prevent the creation, modification and deletion of records but I need the link to the photos you send that moderation is Admin ​​menu.
<div class="sidebar">
            <div class="topmenu">{SYS_MENU}</div>
            <div class="topmenu">{SUB_MENU}</div>
            <div class="topmenu">{ADMIN_MENU}</div>

</div>

How to edit the Admin menu to show only the desired item?

Thanks,

Paulo

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 11:53:41 pm »

Depending what category your "public albums are in" you should be able to set those permissions by category. Without the need to edit any files.

Take a read of this,  http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/albums.htm#album_admin_user
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Paulo Fernando

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 02:47:04 am »

Thank you for your response, lurkalot.  I'll briefly explain the structure of my gallery: Admin created two categories: Natural Attractions and Cultural Attractions.
Each user group has created an album in each category to prevent a user to upload or edit the album of another User. For the correct upload works fine but I want to prevent all users from changing the properties, create new albums or deletem their albums.
You suggest a different structure of categories and albums?

Again thank you very much for your attention, I need to really solve this problem.

Congrats, Paulo Fernando

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 09:45:27 am »

I'm slightly confused (easy for me).  If you (as admin) create the category, and in this category you add the necessary albums, you should be able to set the permissions for that category. 

This can be set by category and user group, so for example, you can allow your users to create albums in category "A" but disallow them to create albums in category "B, but still allow them to upload images.

Below is a quote from the category properties settings,

"In coppermine versions before cpg1.5.x, only the admin was allowed to create albums within public (i.e. admin-created) categories. Starting with cpg1.5.x, this has changed: by default, non-admin users can't create albums, but the administrator can decide to allow them to create albums. This can be set by category and user group, so you can allow your users to create albums in category "A" but disallow them to create albums in category "B". This is why there is an additional list box in the category control panel named "Group(s) allowed to create albums in this category" where you (as admin) can specify the groups you wish to allow. The admin group is not being listed there, as the admin can create albums anyway and doesn't need specific permissions.
 Choose one or more groups from the list to allow those groups to create albums within the category you're editing. To select multiple groups, hold the [Ctrl]-key down and click on the groups. To de-select all groups, use the [Ctrl]-button as well and click on the last selected group."
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Paulo Fernando

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 12:04:38 pm »

Hi,

Admin created categories but did not create albums. Who created the albums were the users to prevent a User can upload the album to another, it can only album he created. If the admin create albums, it can determine which album one User can upload and prevent him do it on the album that is not his? After the creation of categories and albums, the admin can prevent new albums that are created or edited or deleted?

If I had to link to the gallery, you could look at the structure and suggest the best configuration?

Thank you, Paulo Fernando

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 10:50:41 am »

If you, as admin, create albums and allow your users to upload files to that albums (that's an option in the album properties), you users won't be able to change the album properties. Users can only change album properties of their own albums. You can disable the permission for users to create albums in the groups manager. There you can also allow them to upload files to public albums. Unfortunately it's not possible in cpg1.5.x to restrict in which public albums they can upload. Either they are allowed to upload to public albums or not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.