Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to restrict upload by user group and category  (Read 4391 times)

dahvoo

• Coppermine newbie
How to restrict upload by user group and category
« on: December 29, 2013, 05:22:11 pm »

I have several categories containing albums. I also created several user groups / users.

I want to restrict a particular user to a particular category, so each of my user can only upload to their own category. Viewing is open to all public.

I have tried all permission possibilities at the various tab. However,  all my users can upload to all the categories. ie. went User A login, and click on Upload files, the drop-menu show all the categories, and can upload to any albums within those categories.

Is 'Public albums upload' open to all user group? Is "Visitors can upload files" open to all user group? Can I restrict User A to Category A, User B to Category B etc.  for upload files.  ( I'm repeating to make it clear. thanks)

Thanks.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How to restrict upload by user group and category
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:33:01 am »

Out of the box you cannot set such permissions. But as you said that each user has an own category, I assume he should be the only user who uploads pictures to that albums. If so, disable public upload and instead, assign the albums to the corresponding user (either directly in the database or create the albums with that user account / let them create).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.