Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sort order in cookies  (Read 3439 times)

E. William

• Coppermine novice
sort order in cookies
« on: November 28, 2013, 10:39:47 am »

Hi everyone,

I have the default sort order set to "pa", and users can override this in the album(s), but when they override the sort order it applies to every album they visit.

What I'd like to do is to have the sort order reset to the default sort order when they visit an album (even if it's the same album), so I guess all I need to do is to keep CPG from saving the sort order in the cookie file. Unfortunately I have no idea where I can change this.

Thanks for the help.

Link to the gallery: Please be aware that this page is safe, but other pages contain adult content.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: sort order in cookies
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 02:21:24 pm »

I guess all I need to do is to keep CPG from saving the sort order in the cookie file
If it won't be saved, it will reset on every page load (e.g. if you switch to the next thumbnail page), which will result in unexpected behavior for your visitors.

To reset the sort order we could add the sort parameter to each link to thumbnail.php.

Another option would be to disable custom sorting completely.

What's your preferred solution?

E. William

• Coppermine novice
Re: sort order in cookies
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:29:13 pm »

That's ok, I'll disable it. I know how :).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.