Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: member status in User Manager, in a bridged gallery  (Read 5855 times)

brynn

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Inkscape Commmunity
member status in User Manager, in a bridged gallery
« on: November 10, 2013, 05:41:26 am »

Hi Friends,
Persuant to this message in another topic:  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,76773.msg370988.html#msg370988, I can now see the User Manager/User Control Panel for the first time.  My gallery is bridged with SMF (and Tiny Portal).  I've read through the manual section for the User Manager and don't see where anything related to this is mentioned.

There is 1 member of my forum who registered, but never activated their account.  However, in the bridged gallery's User Manager, their Status is shown to be "active".

I suppose I will eventually delete them, if they never do activate their account, which will resolve the descrepancy for me.  So I'm just posting in case this is some oversight in the code.  It seems to me (still much like a newbie with my gallery) that they should not be shown as active.

So again, it's no real problem for me, that urgently needs to be solved.  I just wanted to bring it to your attention, in case it's a bug (or something like that).  But it does leave me to wonder what has to happen for a member's status to become inactive?

Because I have several forum members (who have activated their account) who have never uploaded an image to the gallery.  It seems to me they should also be shown as inactive (in addition to members who have never activated their account). 

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what the Status column means?  Or maybe, like in other parts of the User Manager, bridging makes the Status moot?

Thanks  :)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: member status in User Manager, in a bridged gallery
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 01:47:16 pm »

I have several forum members (who have activated their account) who have never uploaded an image to the gallery.  It seems to me they should also be shown as inactive (in addition to members who have never activated their account). 
That's not the purpose of that column. As you already mentioned it indicates if the user account has been activated. As this can be different for several boards, I don't know if this applies to all boards, i.e. if that status exists at all.

I'll move this thread to the bridging board. I currently don't have a bridged test gallery, maybe someone else can confirm that behavior. IMHO the user shouldn't be displayed as active, if the account isn't activated yet. But I don't know if that feature exists in our bridging API.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.