Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with ugrading  (Read 4461 times)

cleo_33

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with ugrading
« on: September 02, 2013, 07:09:29 pm »

I tried to ugrade my gallery but I ended with reinstalled gallery. http://weheartbella.com/photogallery/
I made a back up but I don't know how to use it to return it.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Problem with ugrading
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 07:40:43 pm »

If your database is in tact and your albums folder is still present with all its files then it should be a very simple task to restore your old gallery. If the albums folder is still there in the current install then you would probably just need to copy the old /include/config.inc.php file from your backup into the same location in the new install. The run update.php and hopefully things will be back.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

cleo_33

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 01:14:17 pm »

Yes the albums folder is still there. But the back up is .sql and I don't know how to use it..

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 02:14:17 pm »

From our docs:
Restore the database
Restore the mySQL table by running the queries of the dump files you created on the old server. To accomplish that, you will need the same tool on the new server (the target server) that you have used on the old server to create the backup; if you have used phpMyAdmin on the old server to create the backup you should use phpMyAdmin on the new server as well to restore the dump.

Edit the database settings
Your new webhost must have provided you with the mySQL access data (you already had to use that data to restore the dump on the new server). That mySQL data usually will differ from the mySQL data on the old webserver, so you will have to edit the file that contains those data. Use a plain text editor (notepad.exe is fine) and edit include/config.inc.php: inside that file, you will find the old mySQL data that you will need to overwrite with the mySQL data for the new server.

If you don't know how to use phpMyAdmin, please google for it.

cleo_33

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 05:15:58 pm »

I did what you told me and completed the update but the photos still don't appear.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 11:06:03 am »

Then you have done something wrong. Have a look at your restored database. The tables "albums" and "pictures" should contain the references to your albums and pictures. If it's empty, you're either browsing the wrong database or haven't imported anything.

If you verified your MySQL data has been restored successful, check if the values in include/config.inc.php match your restored MySQL database (carefully look at $CONFIG['dbname'] and $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX']).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.