Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch add files page blank  (Read 14535 times)

roxana

• Coppermine novice
  • Watcha gonna do?
Batch add files page blank
« on: August 04, 2015, 02:02:16 am »

Hi,
I'm trying to add some files from "brooklynmu" folder, clicking OK and then address bar is showing /photos/searchnew.php?startdir=foty/brooklyn but the page is blank, no error, just empty white page.  I disabled Adblock in firefox, even kaspersky, but that didn't resolve the problem.
I had same issue yesterday, before I upgraded into latest ver today hoping it will help, but it didn't. No errors with upgrade, gallery is online, I've added photos about 3 wks ago and there was no problem. Any ideas please?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Batch add files page blank
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 10:09:20 am »

I assume your server suppresses error messages. Please have a look at your server's error logs to find out what exactly happens.

roxana

• Coppermine novice
  • Watcha gonna do?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 01:13:29 am »

Will do that tomorrow, I thought it is server problem, but I might be wrong. Thanks, will post tomorrow!

laurenisgeeky

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 03:09:01 pm »

Did you resolve this issue? I have the same problem and no one seems to have solved the issue on the posts here!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 08:14:24 pm »

Please, we request you start your own thread rather than resurrect a two year old one.

What Andre was asking was to setup the server to display error messages. If a blank page is shown that means the server has experienced an error but puts them in a log hiding them from the screen. This is often done as in some cases showing an error to the world could be a minor security risk.

Either enable display of errors or check the logs at the exact time the error occurred. Once you have that information please start your own thread and we will do our best to help.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

laurenisgeeky

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 08:20:12 pm »

I did start my own thread. Back in April and I didn't get a single response from anyone. I only got one today on my thread as I posted to it again to say I was disappointed in the lack of help.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 12:00:36 pm »

I am glad to see the cause of your problem has been found. Sometimes threads get missed and while it sometimes takes a few days to pick up on threads, any longer usually means it has been missed which appears to be the case with you here. Hopefully you are able to rectify your server limitations to rectify this fault.

For others. Ron4mac investigated and discovered the server settings were limiting the amount of memory available to PHP scripts. This is a common problem many encounter not just with CPG, but with any PHP package such as Joomla, Wordpress etc. Hosts often, particularly shared hosting, set limits quite low. As server power has increased as well as the amount we now use them some hosts have not reviewed these low limits leading to more seeing issues like this. Some hosts allow you to change PHP limits, others do not. Sometimes this is done in the hosts control panel, sometimes via a PHP.ini file any sometimes in the .htaccess file. Only the host can advise where as all setups can be different. With blank page or error 500 problems such as this, it is always best to check your server logs or enable error reporting as a first resort into diagnosis as that is where the details of the error will be. Doing that will often save time, especially as we, or any other support forum for PHP scripts, will need that information to assist. Some hosts are very good at providing, or helping to provide this information. Other hosts make it a real chore. Whenever you setup with a new host it is always worth finding out all the details as to how to adjust PHP settings, error reporting and logs locations as this is really helpful when errors occur.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.