Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to: Admin only access Vote  (Read 4273 times)

prairiewolf

• Coppermine newbie
How to: Admin only access Vote
« on: July 07, 2013, 04:23:10 pm »

Apology if this is addressed elsewhere. I'm searched and searched and can't find the answer. And this seems to be the right topic to ask.

We have used Coppermine for many years to run a contest and used to be able to limit access to the admins only on the vote counts. Last year we installed 1.5.18 on our own server. Using split screens the config's were set up exactly as in previous versions which had limited access to the vote counts to admins. Only after voting was ended did we discover that in the new installation users had access to those counts. 

We have now updated to 1.5.24 and need to know how to limit vote count access to our admins only. This is really important to our organization. Our users range from complete newbies to the very experienced. When the votes can be seen by all the latter are able to use the info to their advantage leaving the newbies far behind.

We use the i_feel_dirty template if that is important.

Any help is very appreciated!

Prairiewolf

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How to: Admin only access Vote
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 03:36:04 pm »

As I don't use the voting feature much myself, I probably don't know all ways how visitors can see the current ratings. I assume you've already disabled the config setting "Display rating below the thumbnail". There's also a thread that disables voting details at different locations. The user asked to turn it off for just one particular album, maybe that also fits your needs. If not, the mod will just get easier.  Here's the thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,74737.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.