Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Replacement Ratings Icons  (Read 12052 times)

whhglyphs

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Replacement Ratings Icons
« on: March 25, 2013, 05:53:18 pm »

I'll be honest - these forums are not user friendly - I spent 20 minutes trying to find any way to get in touch with developers and this thread is the only place where it seems I am allowed to post a reply. I understand that it is offtopic, but I would really like to let the developers know that we are using coppermine logo. So here's the message that I've prepared:

Dear developers of Coppermine,

We have set ourselves an ambitious goal of creating the largest and the best quality free icon set that will be available as a font. We have around 1500 icons already and you can see and download them at http://www.webhostinghub.com/glyphs/

We have also included an icon that represents the logo of your software and we would like to ask if you do not mind that. We have taken the liberty of including it into the pack because we believe that it should help webmasters and designers who work with your product to link to it and to feature it in web and mobile projects. However, if for some reason you would like us take the icon down, we will remove it immediately.

But again, I hope you will not mind that and on the contrary will help us spread the word about this great free iconfont. As I am sure your users will be happy to know about this resource. Thank you!

Best regards,
Sergey Epifanov

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 07:56:52 pm »

As far as I know the icon has been created by somebody else during a competition. I currently don't know under which license it has been released. Maybe some of the other devs knows that (I haven't checked our boards yet)?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 04:33:15 pm »

Indeed it was part of a competition. It was released under the same licence as we use for all our files ;)

I personally have no issues with its use.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.