Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ERROR : Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.  (Read 4720 times)

global

• Coppermine newbie
ERROR : Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.
« on: January 18, 2013, 11:22:05 pm »

Installed coppermine latest version 1.5.22. I keep getting an error when uploading pics

Error: Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

Have read the forums extensively. MY host runs GD2 which is higher than 2.0.28. During the install I left the imagemagik path blank. I read now that a / should have been placed there if GD is opted. The instructions said to leave it blank if not sure imagemagik is installed.

D Support   enabled
GD Version   bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
FreeType Support   enabled
FreeType Linkage   with freetype
FreeType Version   2.3.11
GIF Read Support   enabled
GIF Create Support   enabled
JPEG Support   enabled
libJPEG Version   6b
PNG Support   enabled
libPNG Version   1.2.49
WBMP Support   enabled
XPM Support   enabled
XBM Support   enabled

I have reduced the pic sizes to 800 and further some to 400 pixels using photo resizer. The albums folder public_html/gallery/albums/userpics/10001 shows the pics uploaded but do not appear on site. Also changed setting in admin tools for All albums -- Update thumbs and/or resized photos to Everything: full-sized, resized and thumbs. I understand that max pic size can be 2048 and recommended 1024, but the test pics are set for 800 or 400 pixels so not very big files.

Albums folder and all files are set to 777. Include folder set to 777 and config.inc.php also set to 777, other files left as they were under includes folder.

I can upload the pics via FTP if it makes it any easier. I used to start an album with a very older version of coppermine and then upload the rest of pics via FTP, which then would be installed via batch file upload recognizing the existing files under each folder. PLEASE HELP as I think it is a matter of setting the path for GD2 which was left blank during install or advise other action/s to be tried. login info is admin/admin for globalaviationconsulting.com/gallery.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: ERROR : Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 11:57:46 pm »

Please see your duplicate post for details of what we need to help you.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.