Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SEF Plugin  (Read 4984 times)

Walkinman

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Skolai Images - Nature, Travel and Adventure stock photos
SEF Plugin
« on: January 17, 2013, 09:02:29 am »

Is anyone still working on the SEF plugin, or has it been abandoned? If there's no support for it, it'd be nice to know. I understand this is a free software, etc --- but there have been a few posts in the thread and no dev or any information provided there at all for nearly 2 years.

It'd be a shame if it's dropped, search engines still seem to prefer keywords in urls over algorithms - but if no one is actually interested in fixing anything, it might be helpful to let users know.

Thanks

Carl

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: SEF Plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 12:35:34 am »

I've replied to your post in: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,42568.150.html

Also:
In cpg1.4.x, the SEF_URL plugin used to be part of the coppermine package, although there are known issues with it. That's why the dev team decided to not bundle the SEF_URL plugin with cpg1.5.x any longer.
Instead, it is available here for download. Please keep in mind that this plugin is still experimental and not recommended for production use.

There is support for it. What might have happened is that no one had any answers or it was just missed. No one (AFAIK) is currently working on developing it any further but we are always looking for contributions from the community.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Walkinman

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Skolai Images - Nature, Travel and Adventure stock photos
Re: SEF Plugin
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 11:16:27 am »

Hey Jeff

Thanks for the followup. I really wish I knew enough about the technical side of this stuff to be of some help. Coppermine does more than what I need it do, I just don't know how to make that happen.

I realize it's not bundled, and so on. It just seems the thread was fairly active for a long time, then when people started asking questions that went unresponded to, it died off. It'd be a shame if something like rewriting urls isn't an option. Even if there was a manual option for writing a url on upload would be workable, though a little tedious. The way wordpress works for writing permalinks seems pretty simple to manage, but I don't know the backend of it at all.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.