Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to configure a group viewable by all, uploadable by one group  (Read 4742 times)

Fbumpus

• Coppermine newbie
Need to configure a group viewable by all, uploadable by one group
« on: September 16, 2012, 06:08:26 am »

Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance if this has been answered before, but after a look through all six pages of topics for 1.5 permissions, I didn't see anything that fit the bill for what I'm trying to accomplish.  :-[

We have the need to have an album set up so that anyone, including non-registered guests, to be able to view images within.  We also need to set it up so that only one group (and admin, of course) will be able to actually upload to the album.

We currently have the album we're trying to set up in this way set for Album can be viewed by = Everybody (Public Album).   Unfortunately, as it is set up, anyone who is registered to the site can upload files.  Again, we only want one group to be able to upload to it, while having everyone be able to view it.

If I set the Album can be viewed by property to the specific group, anyone who is NOT in that group will not be able to see the album. 

My question is, how can I accomplish my goal?

Thank you for any help!

-Fletch

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Need to configure a group viewable by all, uploadable by one group
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 12:43:36 pm »

Depending on the rest of your gallery (a link to it would help a lot), this is maybe not possible out of the box. The "Album can be viewed by" setting of course doesn't affect who is allowed to upload to that album.

Is this the only album in your gallery?
Does multiple users upload to that album? If it's just 1 user and the admin, there's a workaround.

Fbumpus

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 06:19:36 pm »

Oops, I meant to include the link.  Here 'tis:  http://www.octoberdawndesigns.com/gallery/

There are a few albums in the gallery.  Multiple users will upload to the gallery to which I'm referring, all part of the same group.  The album I'm referring to at the above URL is named 'Creative Team Gallery.'  As that group uploads stuff, the owner of the site wants everyone to be able to view the images.

Thanks, Andre, for your help!  You're so awesome, you're sawesome.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 01:34:50 pm »

• In the album's properties, enable "Visitors can upload files"
  • In the group manager, enable "Public albums upload" for the user group

That setting won't work if you enable "public albums upload" for more than that one group, obviously.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.