Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why am I required to create another database after I've already done that?  (Read 6032 times)

guswah

• Coppermine newbie

The instructions for installing Coppermine seem clear enough, and they include the creation of a database prior to running the install.  Having done that, the Coppermine install wizard checks for this database, confirms that everything is fine, and then at step 7 presents this:

Here you have to choose which database you want to use for Coppermine.
If your MySQL account has the needed privileges, you can create a new database from within the installer or you can use an existing database. If you don't like both options, you will have to create a database first outside the Coppermine installer, then return here then select the new database from the dropdown box below. You can also change the table prefix (don't use dots though), but keeping the default prefix is recommended.

At this point, my database is not shown in the dropdown, even though Coppermine has already confirmed that it's there.

I don't get it.  What must I do?  Create another database?  I tried the original wizard, and again there is no recognition of my database at this point.  I tried to create another database at this point, but that didn't work either.  Furthermore, why are users instructed to create a database first if it's ignored later?  Very strange.

Surely hundreds of other newbies encounter this hurdle, and there's no provision in the install instructions.

-dt-

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

Surely hundreds of other newbies encounter this hurdle, and there's no provision in the install instructions.
The last post for this issue was in March.

You can find it here:
Cannot get past Step 7

Check the permissions of the MySQL user.

Please try a quick search next time, you might find your answer more quickly.

guswah

• Coppermine newbie

Check the permissions of the MySQL user.

Actually I read this post prior to creating my own.  I don't understand how MySQL users check their permissions.  I simply followed the instructions, and I did set the file permissions as required.  Is there something more someone can add to this answer?

Thanks.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

Use one of the MySQL tools that most hosts provide in a Control Panel or cPanel.

It would be difficult to be specific, not knowing your host's tools and potential restrictions, but try setting these values.

CREATE ROUTINE
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES
DELETE
DROP    
EXECUTE
INDEX    
INSERT
LOCK TABLES    
REFERENCES
SELECT    
UPDATE
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.