Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Improve tooltip and keyword search  (Read 4864 times)

rivimey

• Coppermine newbie
Improve tooltip and keyword search
« on: January 09, 2012, 05:23:57 pm »

Folks,
I've a an album at http://images.ivimey.org using cpg 1.5, and I'm wondering whether anyone has been able to improve two areas:

- keyword search: it would be nice to be able to see a list of keywords in a margin (maybe even tag cloud) and click on them to select photos displayed in thumbnail view.

- tooltips: current cpg uses the Title tag IIUC to display filename/filesize/dimensions/date. For my pics, that's not the useful info: I'd like to be able to customise this, and possibly to use a jquery plugin such as qTip (http://craigsworks.com/projects/qtip/) to display tooltips with more panache.

I can see how the current tooltip is created but I can't see any way to change it without changing core cpg files.

Regards,
Ruth

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Improve tooltip and keyword search
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 04:10:35 pm »

keyword search: it would be nice to be able to see a list of keywords in a margin (maybe even tag cloud) and click on them to select photos displayed in thumbnail view.
The clickable keyword list is a standard feature. There's also a plugin that creates a tag cloud for you.

tooltips: current cpg uses the Title tag IIUC to display filename/filesize/dimensions/date. For my pics, that's not the useful info: I'd like to be able to customise this, and possibly to use a jquery plugin such as qTip (http://craigsworks.com/projects/qtip/) to display tooltips with more panache.

I can see how the current tooltip is created but I can't see any way to change it without changing core cpg files.
Please post the relevant code section(s).

roaftech

• Coppermine novice
    • Romanian Aid Foundation
Re: Re: Improve tooltip and keyword search
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 06:17:16 pm »

The clickable keyword list is a standard feature. There's also a plugin that creates a tag cloud for you.

Where can I find the code for modifying the keyword search routine? Specifically, I would prefer the tag cloud to have a single font size.
Steve Humphreys,
Help, Hope and Co-operation,
Asociatia Neemia, Dorohoi, Romania.
www.roaf.org/gallery

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Improve tooltip and keyword search
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:29:13 am »

Where can I find the code for modifying the keyword search routine?
include/keyword.inc.php

I would prefer the tag cloud to have a single font size.

Find
Code: [Select]
$fontSize = (10 + ($keyword_count[$keywords_array[$i]] - $minQuantity) * $step);and replace with something like
Code: [Select]
$fontSize = '12';
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.