Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No access to Admin Controls after upgrading to 1.5.20  (Read 9417 times)

buddhabaker

• Coppermine newbie
No access to Admin Controls after upgrading to 1.5.20
« on: July 05, 2012, 11:24:21 pm »

Hello;
this is my first time on the forum board, so apologies in advance for any mistakes that I may make.
I have upgraded from v 1.4 to v1.5.20 and I have had the same problem. I have followed all of the afore mentioned changes without successfully gainingadmin access.
I have re-set my password and this seemed to work and I gained access. I could upload images - hooray!!
However, the menu list contains amongst other items "Show admin controls".
When clicked - nothing happens, and so I am unable to check or change any admin settings. Some help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: No access to Admin Controls after upgrading to 1.5.20
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 02:19:51 am »

this is my first time on the forum board, so apologies in advance for any mistakes that I may make.

Please start new thread next time  - your problem might have a different cause (and solution). It is also one of the board rules.

Try using one of the themes that came with your Coppermine package. If that works, then update your custom theme. If neither of those work, then post a link to your gallery.

buddhabaker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 12:02:51 pm »

Hello;
this is my second time on the forum board, so, again, apologies in advance for any mistakes that I may make.
As advised here is a new thread for my Admin Controls issue:-

I have upgraded from v 1.4 to v1.5.20 and I have had the same Admin access problems and have followed all of the mentioned changes within that thread without successfully gaining admin access.
I have re-set my password and this seemed to work and I gained access after which I could upload images - hooray!!
However, the menu list contains amongst other items "Show admin controls".
When clicked - nothing happens, and so I am unable to check or change any admin settings. Some help would be appreciated.

I have checked, as advised, that the same thing happens with every theme option, which it does.
However, within the default theme after clicking on "Show admin controls" it does not change to "hide ADMIN controls" as it does within theme Styleguide.
Also, within the theme "styleguide" - after clicking on "Hide Admin Controls" it produces an "error" message that reads "you don't have permission to access this page"

Within the other themes, eg eyeball, after clicking on "Show admin controls" it then displays an information message/bar that reads "Turning display of admin controls on..." and nothing happens!
I hope this helps?
Thank you.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 12:14:54 pm »

Please post a link to your gallery and a screenshot of what you currently see when logged in as admin (the top menus are important).

buddhabaker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 01:23:08 pm »

Hello Andre'
As requested here is the link already signed is as administrator  [link removed]

Question: I hope posting this link does not allow others, except you, to gain access to my board?

Attachments follows.
Thanks for helping.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:59:43 pm by Joe Carver »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 02:12:10 pm »

Try to hit the "how admin controls" button with the curve theme: [link removed] index.php?theme=curve

Your theme looks like it's an cpg1.4.x theme, missing the mandatory form tokens.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:00:27 pm by Joe Carver »

buddhabaker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 09:31:22 pm »

Hi, done as requested. Regardless of how many times I doiuble click on "Show Admin Controls" it just displays an information message bar containing "Turning display of admin controls on..." and nothing else happens.

It would appear from the Forum that quite a few people are having various access issues. Is there a tool that you could develop and BEFORE any upgrading takes place or AFTER the upgrade that performs a verification process to check that the correct settings to make to board work are set-up. I think that this would potentially solve many problems before they occur and ensure that the board works and is stable after an upgrade. What do you think?

Cheers;

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 05:28:48 pm »

It would appear from the Forum that quite a few people are having various access issues.
Your issue is unique and does not look to be repeatable.

Is there a tool that you could develop and BEFORE any upgrading takes place or AFTER the upgrade that performs a verification process to check that the correct settings to make...
  • Occasionally, errors occur with the ftp, unzip and updating process
  • Therefore, versioncheck.php must be run

... and nothing else happens.
Use a cpg 1.5.x theme and...
  • In case it might be a browser/client side issue, try using a different browser and/or clearing cache and cookies from IE
  • Run versioncheck.php
  • Turn on debug in the database (Config), using a tool like PhpMyadmin (please don't post the output here)
  • Try it with ([link removed]) - using no www. That is how you have set it in Config >> General Settings >> URL of your Coppermine gallery folder

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:01:35 pm by Joe Carver »

buddhabaker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 11:54:00 am »

Hello Joe;
thanks for the suggestions, I shall definitely run the versioncheck.php script.
Would it be possible to remove the link that I was requested to provide the provides admin access to my board from this issue, please?

Also, If I install 1.5.20 from scratch,, is there anyway that I could then copy all of the images and accompanying text descriptions from the "old install" into the "new install?"

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 04:03:12 pm »

Would it be possible to remove the link

All links to your site have been removed from this thread. You will need to re-post it if someone needs to take a look.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.