No Support > Feature requests

Sort order of Categories and Albums

(1/3) > >>

pols1337:
Hi Andre,

I have a brilliant, brilliant idea for you!  In future versions of Coppermine, you can ask if the user wants his categories and albums alphabetically sorted (alphabetical-ascending, alphabetical-descending).  I spend so much time manually sorting my albums, when all I want is for them to be alphabetically sorted  :o

Currently in Coppermine, you ask in Config > Albums if Categories should be alphabetically sorted.  (See attached)  But you should also ask for albums, since those are another list that many users may want to be auto-sorted. 

Additionally, perhaps you should move the option for alphabetical sorting from the Config menu to "Files" > "Categories" or "Files" > "Album" menus, since those would be the more 'logical' places to ask about ordering.

Just a thought. 

Joel

Gallery link: http://adonismale.com/tg/index.php

Αndré:

--- Quote from: pols1337 on June 27, 2012, 11:34:43 pm ---albums alphabetically sorted

--- End quote ---
It's already on my TODO list for cpg1.6.x and maybe also as a hidden config option for cpg1.5.x.

Αndré:
Added config option for cpg1.6.x and hidden feature for cpg1.5.x in SVN revision 8453.

Additionally, I plan to add some user defined sort order like it's done for thumbnails and each a config option to toggle that feature.

pols1337:
Nice.  Good job  :)

pols1337:
Oh dear god, I hope you're planning to release cpg1.6.x soon ... if only so I can use this option.  So much time wasted on reordering albums manually.   :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version