Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display Issue  (Read 23147 times)

Foomar

• Coppermine newbie
Display Issue
« on: June 15, 2012, 11:14:35 pm »

Hi, I recently upgraded from 1.4.x to 1.5.x and in the process the Emails no longer display Apostrophes correctly.  I never changed from UTF-8 which seems to be the common issue in other threads I have found regarding the display issue.  Have only used the standard generic settings.  Am I missing something that has changed, likely due to one of the security patches?

Basically I had emails sent from this morning prior to the update that display correctly.

They look like this.
Olga's Art Gallery - Registration request

After they look like this.
Olga's Art Gallery - Registration notification

Also of note, There were 3 files missing after migrating from 1.4.x to 1.5.x
albums/edit/index.php
albums/edit/no_FTP-upload_into_this_folder.txt
albums/userpics/no_FTP-upload_into_this_folder.txt

The userpics had a file no_FTP-upload_into_this_folder but was missing .txt extension so was said to be missing.  These were all mandatory files and posted an error under version check.

-Zac

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Display Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 03:20:00 pm »

That looks like a HTML entity issue, not like a UTF-8 encoding issue. Is just the subject affected or also the message body? Does it happen for other emails from your gallery (e.g. the contact form), too?

Foomar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 09:57:18 pm »

Sorry I had an unexpected trip out of town and did not have access to e-mail.

With that in mind, I have not tested any other issues.  To be honest my wife's site is not that terribly popular yet and we have not really tried to use the apostrophes in other places.  So far its in the title of the out going e-mail, which oddly enough changed addresses it went to and I am still looking where that other address is referenced from.  The admin address is the one place I am seeing an e-mail address entered and that is not where the current registration e-mails are going. (so far they have almost all been spam bots even with captcha enabled.).

I do appreciate the assistance.

-Zac

Foomar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 10:02:44 pm »

Actually just verified.  The body of the e-mail shows the apostrophes just fine.  Seems it is the subject that is having the problems.

-Zac

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 11:12:03 am »

addresses it went to and I am still looking where that other address is referenced from
Check the user profiles of your admins.

The body of the e-mail shows the apostrophes just fine.  Seems it is the subject that is having the problems.
Try to add some more special characters to each the email subject (i.e. change your gallery name in the config temporary) and the email body. Please add the following characters:
  • &
  • <
  • ä

I'll also perform some tests on my own gallery as soon as possible.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Re: Display Issue
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 11:33:24 am »

I'll also perform some tests on my own gallery as soon as possible.
Confirmed. Will try to fix that.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.