Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting upload approval rights  (Read 6168 times)

mmeike

• Coppermine newbie
Setting upload approval rights
« on: March 26, 2012, 10:07:55 pm »

Hello,

I want to create a gallery where users can upload in a album, but the uploaded files should don't have the approval ticked and should be not viewable before the admins change them to approved.

Read the manual and tried to create it the way I understood it from the manual:
For the group registered users I set the permissions in "upload to public albums" that way: Allowed=yes, approval=yes

But somehow this is not working and all images uploaded by a user of the "registered users" group already have the approval ticked.

What's my mistake here? Can the album properties and viewing rights for the album have something to do with this?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Setting upload approval rights
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:21:35 am »

Please post a link to your gallery, and ideally a test user account which is affected by what you describe.

mmeike

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Setting upload approval rights
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 11:34:29 am »

Please post a link to your gallery, and ideally a test user account which is affected by what you describe.

Upps, sorry, of course. Thought I'd made a simple thinking mistake, but if you need to test, no problem.

The gallery:
http://coppermine.orientierungslauf.de/

User: Fotograf
Password: Fotograf

You can upload whatever you want in the album Fotograf.
Problem is that after the upload it's automatically set to approved, which I don't want. If you want to check configuration data:
admin/passwort (let me know when you don't need it anymore so I can change the passwort back)

Meike

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 11:46:44 am »

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.5.12 (stable)-->
Please upgrade your gallery to the latest release (currently cpg1.5.18).

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 11:49:09 am »

Your "Fotograf" account is member of the groups "Registered" and "Presse". The "Presse" group has set approval to "no". I assume that's the reason why your pictures are approved immediately after the upload.

mmeike

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: Setting upload approval rights
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:50:43 pm »

Your "Fotograf" account is member of the groups "Registered" and "Presse". The "Presse" group has set approval to "no". I assume that's the reason why your pictures are approved immediately after the upload.

Thank you, that was it, yes.
During testing I somehow managed to mess up something very badly, in the end the user Fotograf wasn't able to upload anything, even after I set the permission back like they were before. Also new users in the group Registered had the same problem. No idea what was messed up, cause I reset the group permission more than once. Solved it pragmatically in the end by just creating a new group, which is fine for me cause I had intended to create a own group for the photographers anyway before going live...

Working solution for setting group permissions if you want to have a user in more than one group was:
Set settings for all groups this user is in to Upload=Yes and Approval=Yes

Works perfectly that way.

I first tested to set Upload=No and Approval=Yes for the second group, which seemed to have messed up everything...

But no matter, works fine now, thanks for your help.

Meike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.