Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LDAP Bridge  (Read 45990 times)

Cyrolancer

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Re: LDAP Bridge
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 08:56:36 pm »

sorry for reply so late, I have been sick for one month.

I tried the LDAP Bridge v2.0, still show the white page, can't login againsrt AD.

I hope you are better now.

Probably, Bridge 2.0 won't work with AD. I didn't add any AD-compatible code to this bridge. This doesn't mean that I won't add :)

Coppermine is not the only web software I am working with. Due to some urgent problems with our other software at work, I was coding upgrade and migration scripts for them. So, I was too busy and I couldn't work on CPG Bridge.

I will inform you personally when I update the script. Thank you for your consideration.

LnQ

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 02:45:02 pm »

Hi,

What is the status on this bridge? is it working or?? does it still need some adjustment?

Look forward for this brigde

Cyrolancer

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 12:26:10 am »

Bridge is tested to work on the latest version of Debian Squeeze OpenLDAP server - slapd (http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/slapd).

AD support is still in progress, I was too busy in my job and I couldn't work on AD part of the Bridge. I will release the AD Bridge as soon as possible.

LnQ

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 03:28:57 pm »

Any update on this ....been looking around for at gallery which support ldap....

Cyrolancer

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 10:12:39 pm »

Any update on this ....been looking around for at gallery which support ldap....

I am sorry, I have too much work to do and I couldn't find any time to work on LDAP bridge. I have updated it a bit, added some group and user management options and I am still working on AD support. From now on, adding an option to the bridge is not a problem but I don't have much time to work on this.

When I started this bridge, we were thinking that CPG is a good choice to build a multi-user gallery and sharing system in our university. CPG is still a good choice, but it doesn't fit to our automatic updating system which is built on several shell script combinations. As a result we had to change CPG to some other CMS. While we were using CPG, I have built LDAP bridge and several plugins for management, then started for the CAS integration but after abandoning the project, I needed to work for other projects rather than CPG.

I still love CPG and when I have time I will work for further development of LDAP bridge. But, if somebody is interested in developing this LDAP bridge, I will gladly send the latest code I have developed (it is not tested thoroughly and it is not ready for release).

patrick.koza

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 04:31:34 pm »

Hi,

is there any update on this? We need the AD integration  ::) ;D :D

deserteagle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2013, 11:06:03 am »

waiting for long time. have to find alternative solution, now I use joomla integration plugin to integrate CPG with joomla 1.7, then the joomla has been integrate with LDAP easyly.

vimets

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2016, 12:26:19 pm »

Hi there,
I'm using this bridge but I have one BIG problem.
When users login, everything works fine, can contact LDAP server and verify if user exist and password is correct. The problem comes when the user gets logged correctly, in the CPG_sessions table, the user_id that inserts is de uid form the ldap and not the id from the coppermine user table.
When this happens, the user doesn't appear to be logged.
If i delete de users and login with ldap, this works perfect, the problem is that these users already have albums assigned by id, so i can't delete the users.
Anyone is facing this problem? Some light would be appreciate it.
Thanks in advanced and sorry for my english.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2016, 05:44:27 pm »

I think the only solution will be to change the existing user_id in any table of the MySQL database.

vimets

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: LDAP Bridge
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2016, 11:22:51 am »

I think the only solution will be to change the existing user_id in any table of the MySQL database.
Hi there, thanks for your reply, finally i ended up doing it by hand.  I deleted all the users that didn't have any album or picture assigned, and those which had, i changed their user_ID to match the LDAP uid.
I did this because only a few users had albums assigned so it wasn't a big headache.
Thanks for your answer and your time again.
Take care.
Bless.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.