Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: symlink  (Read 4352 times)

giancarlo64

• Coppermine newbie
symlink
« on: October 13, 2011, 05:02:54 pm »

Hi,
On my server I have saved 190 Gb of pictures (almost 30 years of photos). I have installed (on the same Linux server) coppermine to see it from my clients. Using symlink I have used the already existing photo folders to redirect the album folder of coppermine. The problem is that when I load the images in the albums, coppermine generate the thumbnails and the "normal" photos in my existing directory. I don't want this because the existing folders are synchronized (for backup) to another system using unison. Now unison will backup also the thumbnails. I don't want this.
Is it possible to tell coppermine to generate the thumbnails and the "normal"  images locally in his folder and not on the symlinked folder?

Regards

Gian Carlo

giancarlo64

• Coppermine newbie
Re: symlink
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 06:00:03 pm »

I forgot to say that I don't want that the original pictures will be manipulated in any way by coppermine, nor deleted. I want to keep my picture folder only readable by coppermine. Now I had to switch to writable to generate the thumbnails.  :(

Regards

Gian Carlo

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 12:36:46 pm »

It should be possible to tell Coppermine to generate the thumbnails and intermediate-sized images in another folder by adjusting the add_picture function in include/picmgmt.inc.php:
Code: [Select]
    $image = $CONFIG['fullpath'] . $filepath . $filename;
    $normal = $CONFIG['fullpath'] . $filepath . $CONFIG['normal_pfx'] . $filename;
    $thumb = $CONFIG['fullpath'] . $filepath . $CONFIG['thumb_pfx'] . $filename;
    $orig = $CONFIG['fullpath'] . $filepath . $CONFIG['orig_pfx'] . $filename;

Then you'll have to change the functions which loads the thumbnails and intermediate-sized images for the HTML output.

As long as you don't use the admin tools it should work, but I've never tested that.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 01:15:10 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.