Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permissions on Linked Files  (Read 3843 times)

cottage

• Coppermine novice
Permissions on Linked Files
« on: August 15, 2011, 09:57:44 pm »

I have uploaded a range of photos into a range of group-restricted albums. I subsequently created some "Best of..." albums with public access that had album links to keywords of a selection of the photos in the group-restricted albums.

However, the linked files in the "Best of" albums are only visible when logged in from a suitable group. Public users see empty albums. From cpg1.4.x support forums, I understand that this is by design.

Is there any way of circumventing this without storing the best of files in the best of albums and linking into the group albums (e.g. by using file specific permissions, or a best-of plugin that ignores permissions)? I would like to have a small number of public albums that draw on selected pictures from other albums.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Permissions on Linked Files
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 11:12:04 pm »

That's not possible by default. I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to modify the code in the way you want (I haven't looked at the code, but it may be a lot of changes). It's probably easier to just re-upload the files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.