Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need .jpg Removed. Serious Inquiry  (Read 5677 times)

teedizz

• Coppermine newbie
Need .jpg Removed. Serious Inquiry
« on: August 15, 2011, 06:22:36 pm »

Hello, I have a site where the picture names i.e. 123737.jpg, 127293.jpg is actually the product number. I know I can go through and just rename everything but that would take forever. Is there someone here that can make it to where instead of it saying "828128.jpg" they can make it say " Item # 828128" ....of course "Item #" will be static while the product number will be change with each product. Heres a link to what Im talking about http://capsncases.com/thumbnails.php?album=13

You can see what I mean by image number.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Need .jpg Removed. Serious Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 07:27:03 pm »

So you want to add a prefix to all existing files? Please also read this, e.g.
post the budget you're ready to spend, the time schedule you have in mind and as many details as possible on the customization you need

teedizz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 10:34:32 pm »

Well yes and no. I would like the prefix for all file names to be "Item #" but then I would also like the extension of ".jpg" to be take off of the end of all file names. So its kind of a yes and a no answer. LOL.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 11:09:34 pm »

Do you want to change the file name or the title? Please read the docs to understand how Coppermine works. If you want to change just what you see, you only have to change the title. Should be done with a simple SQL query.

teedizz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 02:40:18 am »

See the thing is, I wouldnt even understand how to do it if it was a SQL query. Here's what Im trying to do:

http://capsncases.com/thumbnails.php?album=13

On that page there you see the file name which is actually the name of the picture I uploaded. So lets take the very first picture which is:

121908.jpg

Well when a customer tell me which hat he wants to order, he will say I want to order 121908 in a size 7 1/2.

What I want to do it add the words "Item #" in front and to remove the .jpg to ALL files on the site.

I KNOW i can do it via admin page BUT I have over 1000 items and that would take toooo long. Im looking for someone who can do that for me.

Trust me Andre, if I knew even the simplest of code then I'd try doing it myself. LOL.

I would also like the item number on this page:

http://capsncases.com/displayimage.php?album=13&pid=805#top_display_media

without using that dropdown BUT thats in the future. I just want to go step by step. LOL. Thanks for your time though Andre.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 06:26:38 am »

teedizz,

Maybe what you are looking for is already a feature of Coppermine?

Click on ADMIN Tools
Click on Filename ⇒ File title
Look at the first option...
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

teedizz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 08:54:29 am »

I understand that Hawaii and I appreciate your feedback but again, I know about that option but with over 1000 products and over 2000 yet to be added, editing each file individually will take wayyyyyy too long.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 09:13:17 am »

Again:
Details needed
post the budget you're ready to spend

If you started your thread in the paid support board to get faster support, I have to tell you it doesn't work that way. I have a fast & easy solution in mind, but it seems that this board gets abused lately to get something like "priority support". So please post the budget you're ready to spend according to the sub-board rules.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.