Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to choose the images on line without downloading?  (Read 5486 times)

gianso

• Coppermine novice
How to choose the images on line without downloading?
« on: May 17, 2011, 12:19:13 pm »

Hallo everybody,
sorry to come up again with this question, I had already made a post in the support forum of version 1.4, but at the time no solution was available.  Now I’d like to ask those of you who know CPG thoroughly if you think the latest version’s enhanced features could solve following problem – if necessary, we’re ready to pay for a solution.

Our cultural association Naturavventura (http://www.naturavventura.it/cpg/ ) was established in Perugia back in 1986 and deals mainly in organizing excursions for its members – a yearly average of 400 people. During such excursions, some of the participants take pictures or shoot videos which are later uploaded to our portal, currently managing over 13.000 files.
This is how we’ve been doing so far:
a)   We download the pictures uploaded by the members and rename them conveniently (author’s name, date, number of picture)
b)   We then visualize them according to the EXIF field of the picture’s original date/time (if the date is wrong, we correct it with an appropriate software)
c)   We check every single picture and cancel the duplicates, the blurred ones, some of the ones shot from behind,  etc....... it’s essentially a question of personal taste;
d)   Once the choice is completed, if the number of pictures of each single author has changed we rename them as in a)
e)   In the case of more than one author, the pictures are renamed by introducing an initial sequential number, made up of a number of digits equal to the total number of pictures, i.e. a two-digit number like 01, 02, 03….if the pictures are 99; or a three-digit number like 001, 002, 003…..if we have eg 250 pictures (eg. 001_ST_16_JAN_2011_07)
f)   The renamed pictures are then uploaded again through FTP to the server hosting our portal (Aruba) and moved to the folder cpg/albums, in the correct year.
g)   Then they are put into the CPG album using the function “Add batch images”
h)    Visualization of miniatures is set to “ascending name”

This procedure, although producing the desired result, is quite arduous and generates a considerable traffic of file uploading and downloading. 
Do you know if there is another, easier way for downloading files and uploading them again, working online? Thanks a million for any suggestion

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How to choose the images on line without downloading?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 01:33:21 pm »

uploaded to our portal, currently managing over 13.000 files.
Do the participants upload to Coppermine or to another system?

Coppermine is able to do all your tasks online, despite the EXIF manipulation.

gianso

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 05:09:38 pm »

The participants upload to Coppermine. Sorry, but I do not think you can do all the activities that I described above

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 05:11:08 pm »

The main task you do is to delete and rename files. Coppermine is able to do that. Or I'm missing something?

gianso

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 12:31:19 pm »

Thanks for reply. I understand that CPG can not sort the images to the original Exif data, but as you rename the files as I want?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 02:15:23 pm »

Not sure if I understood your question correctly, but you can manually rename the files to whatever you want. If you need consecutive numbers it may be possible with a plugin/mod (which doesn't exist yet).

gianso

• Coppermine novice
[SOLVED]Re: How to choose the images on line without downloading?
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 03:48:41 pm »

Since this problem has never been solved, I have commissioned the solution for digisin.it technicians who have made a fantastic plugin.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 08:52:37 pm »

If it is a plugin for Coppermine, would you be willing to share it with the community?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.