Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building novice friendly upload capability to my site  (Read 4942 times)

cboyse

• Coppermine newbie
Building novice friendly upload capability to my site
« on: May 17, 2011, 06:55:50 am »

I make memory books for groups with photos submitted by attendees. I want to provide my customers with an easy alternative to emailing me their pictures - a way to upload photos to my site, by project.
The photos would then be downloaded in original resolution by my artists who make the album.
That simple. No need for galleries, etc, just a super intuitive way for Joe Novice to upload his 10 - 50 photos so they can be collected easily.
Is Coppermine the right way to go and could I do the install myself in a few hours if I'm a reasonably literate end user. My site is www.peppertreestudios.com and I'd like a nice button that just says "Click to upload photos" > "Select your album"

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Building novice friendly upload capability to my site
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:48:53 am »

I don't know why you started this thread in the paid support board. Do you want to pay for the following answer?

You can install Coppermine in just a few minutes, configuring it to your needs may take longer. Coppermine has 2 standard upload methods for regular users:
  • The flash uploader which can upload multiple files at once
  • The simple HTTP upload form
Additionally there's the JUpload plugin, which can also upload multiple files at once.

All your users have to do is to select an album, choose their files, hit 'upload'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.