Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum Integration  (Read 4836 times)

crudebehavior

• Coppermine newbie
Forum Integration
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:08:18 pm »

I would simply like this to be integrated with UBB.threads forum software.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Forum Integration
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:29:08 am »

The chances of that are slim I am afraid. Most bridg contributions come from one of our devs or from the community. As UBB is a paid forums software while most other forums are free it is unlikely anyone would pay for a copy just to build a bridge file. It is also not a very well known forum software compared to the likes of PHPbb3, SMF, Vb etc so with a limited user base I doubt many will be using you particular combination.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

crudebehavior

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 05:23:24 am »

Yeah but the problem with PHPbb3, SMF, Vb is that their forum software just plain sucks.

UBB.threads is the best out there period. 

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 09:24:05 am »

Not wishing to get into an argument over which software is best, but what does UBB.threads offer that can't be achieved with SMF2 and a portal addon such as Tinyportal?

UBB appears to have a gallery and portal system built in.  This same thing can be done with SMF, and you'll have a choice of portals to install, and bridging with Coppermine etc. 

If you haven't done so already I would recommend you build a couple of test sites on your server, or locally on your PC using Xampp, then you can try out all the options and see if anything fits your needs.
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 02:08:52 pm »

As this is the feature requests board: if somebody contributes a bridge file, we will add it to the next release.

If you cannot create the bridge file yourself, try to hire a freelancer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.