Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Failure in Installation  (Read 15022 times)

ChrisBradford

• Coppermine newbie
Failure in Installation
« on: June 22, 2004, 09:17:51 am »

When I run the installation script, I am prompted to enter the Admin account information, along with the information needed to connect to the database.  After I fill in the fields and click the "submit" button, Coppermine just sits there for about a quarter of a second, and returns me to the initial installation screen, with none of the information saved.

I have Apache 2.0.49, PHP 5.0RC3, and MySQL 4.0.15a

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Failure in Installation
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 10:44:04 am »

The admin account will be created on install -it'll be your coppermine admin account once the install has been run successfully. You can make up a username and password.
BUT: the mySQL info needed on install can't be made up, you have to provide the info you currently have (you should have received them from your webhsot).

If you think you have filled in all necessary information, but the installer just doesn't work for you, post a screenshot of the page the installer sends you to after submitting (with the browser's address bar visible on the screenshot).

GauGau

ChrisBradford

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 07:20:06 pm »

The admin account will be created on install -it'll be your coppermine admin account once the install has been run successfully. You can make up a username and password.
BUT: the mySQL info needed on install can't be made up, you have to provide the info you currently have (you should have received them from your webhsot).

If you think you have filled in all necessary information, but the installer just doesn't work for you, post a screenshot of the page the installer sends you to after submitting (with the browser's address bar visible on the screenshot).

GauGau

I know that the MySQL information is correct, because I happen to be root on the web server.  Here is the screen shot showing what I have after I submit the information.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 05:18:26 am »

OK, there's another window behind the one the screenshot shows that is labelled "Failure in Installation" that seems more interessting. Could you show that one as well?

GauGau

P.S. How is the fact that you are root on the server related to correct mySQL settings?

ChrisBradford

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 05:38:47 am »

OK, there's another window behind the one the screenshot shows that is labelled "Failure in Installation" that seems more interessting. Could you show that one as well?

GauGau

P.S. How is the fact that you are root on the server related to correct mySQL settings?
That is just a tab that shows this message board, and this thread.  As to the relation between my being root and correct MySQL settings, I set up both the user that Coppermine would be using and the database that would be used.  I checked and double-checked my spelling.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 05:59:03 am »

hm, let's check your server config: Does it allow the post method (for forms)? Do you have any other app that uses mySQL up and running on it?

GauGau

ChrisBradford

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 01:12:44 am »

hm, let's check your server config: Does it allow the post method (for forms)? Do you have any other app that uses mySQL up and running on it?

GauGau
Yes, the post method is allowed.  I have two instances of FUD Forum running here, and I also succesfully tested PHPNuke.  The forums are working well.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 09:23:56 pm »

try running the sql commands in the sql folder manually and create a file include/config.inc.php (refer to the sample file in the include folder). Maybe you can set this up manually.

GauGau

ChrisBradford

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 10:50:53 pm »

try running the sql commands in the sql folder manually and create a file include/config.inc.php (refer to the sample file in the include folder). Maybe you can set this up manually.

GauGau
I'll give it a try.  I'm also attaching a couple warings that I saw in Apache's error log.

client 66.15.105.41] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  PATH_TRANSLATED in /usr/local/apache2/web_pages/something/Gallery/install.php on line 25, referer: http://www.something.com/something/Gallery/install.php

[client 66.15.105.41] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset:  -1 in /usr/local/apache2/web_pages/something/Gallery/install.php on line 26, referer: http://www.someplace.com/something/Gallery/install.php

miklos

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 04:52:56 pm »

Ok, enough of the nonsense here..
I came on here to look for answers to the same question.
Then on editing install.php, you can see that it checks for count($HTTP_POST_VARS) in order to create the tables, and if you are using php5, the HTTP_POST_VARS might not be the same as php4 .. whatever the reason is, if you go through the installer file and change all instances of HTTP_POST_VARS to just _POST, the installer should work.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 07:15:45 pm »

well, you're not supposed to use PHP5 anyway afaik, since it's still beta and not meant for use on live production sites. Has this changed lately?

GauGau
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 05:07:47 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2004, 08:14:38 pm »

You need register_long_arrays to be enabled to use the old style HTTP_POST_VARS with PHP 5 apparently, check that.

jessel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 12:25:14 pm »

Hi ChrisBradford,

How did it go? My problem is similar to yours but I'm still not getting anywhere.

copperwire

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2004, 12:10:02 am »

Dear GauGau,
Did you find a solution to this PHP 5, Apache 2 problem? I looks like everyone with with these packages installed, experience the same problem. I think that PHP 5.0.1 is supposed to be a safe release for all to use. I guess it is a difficult problem to solve. Hope you can find a solution. Here is my link for in case you need it: http://www.notathing.com/coppermine/install.php

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2004, 02:15:42 am »

did you do what Nibbler suggested?

Joachim

copperwire

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2004, 02:38:12 am »

Yes, I made that one change.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2004, 02:41:04 am »

ok, my question should have been "did you do what Nibbler suggested, and if yes: did it help?"

Joachim

copperwire

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2004, 12:26:59 pm »

Yes, I did what Nibbler said, and no, it did not help. Should I do what Miklos say?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2004, 12:36:14 pm »

yes, give it a try.

Joachim

copperwire

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2004, 01:58:47 pm »

After changing HTTP_POST_VARS to just _POST, the script ran, but I cannot log in. I get the following: Warning your browser does not accept script's cookies. I have enabled all cookies in my browser.

(I did NOT change HTTP_SERVER_VARS to  _SERVER)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.