Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch add problem  (Read 5924 times)

zimu

• Coppermine newbie
batch add problem
« on: June 20, 2004, 11:28:11 pm »

I just updated my coppermine to v. 3 from 1.2.

Everything works great, except for the batch add feature. i get the page that says "select directory" but i see no directories, no pictures or anything. just the empty table.

any idea what it could be?

thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: batch add problem
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 11:53:28 pm »

yes, read the documentation that comes with coppermine: you mustn't upload to the userpics folder. This has been asked very often already :(

GauGau

zimu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 12:07:32 am »

yes, read the documentation that comes with coppermine: you mustn't upload to the userpics folder. This has been asked very often already :(

GauGau

so my current directory structure for e.g is:
coppermine/albums/userpics/zimusphotos/image1.jpg

does that mean what i should do is get rid of teh "userpics" folder, and just have the images as coppermine/albums/zimusphotos/image1.jpg??

so i'd have to rebuild the entire database, as i already have loads of photos, hence i would lose the count etc?

or could you jjust point me to a previous thread on this?

thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 12:14:35 am »

I don't memorize threads, I'd have to search as well as you - no thread link.
You won't have to change your existing stuff, the batch-add just doesn't show the contents of the userpics folder anymore (you were never meant to ftp-upload to userpics, not even in versions 1.0 to 1.2. We just force-enabled this policy by hiding the userpics folder). Leave your gallery as-is and ftp-upload to folder you create within the albums folder (but not the userpics folder) from now on. Please read the docs as suggested!

GauGau

zimu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 12:28:28 am »

I don't memorize threads, I'd have to search as well as you - no thread link.
You won't have to change your existing stuff, the batch-add just doesn't show the contents of the userpics folder anymore (you were never meant to ftp-upload to userpics, not even in versions 1.0 to 1.2. We just force-enabled this policy by hiding the userpics folder). Leave your gallery as-is and ftp-upload to folder you create within the albums folder (but not the userpics folder) from now on. Please read the docs as suggested!

GauGau

fixed it now... although i lost all my stats and probably did something way more confusing than what was necessary. at least the upgrade finally worked! although if so many people complained about the problem maybe the next update version should have a more thorough upgrade utility?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 12:55:57 am »

the update utility is not involved: you were never meant to upload to userpics in the first place. The updater just fixes the database entries, it doesn't move files around, what else should it possibly do. You shouldn't have lost your stats; I'm sure it happened because you did something that was not necessary.
Don't get me wrong: I don't want to sound rude, but most update errors happen because people don't read the instructions in the documentation carefully enough (if at all); you simply can't create a fool-proof update routine.

GauGau

zimu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 01:00:08 am »

the update utility is not involved: you were never meant to upload to userpics in the first place. The updater just fixes the database entries, it doesn't move files around, what else should it possibly do. You shouldn't have lost your stats; I'm sure it happened because you did something that was not necessary.
Don't get me wrong: I don't want to sound rude, but most update errors happen because people don't read the instructions in the documentation carefully enough (if at all); you simply can't create a fool-proof update routine.

GauGau

i totally agree. completely my fault, fully admit it- i'm really computer savvy but the curst is sometimes the simplest solutions are overlooked and i go into these rampages.

the word to describe this situation is "pebkac"- problem exists between keyboard and chair

;)

thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.