Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bulk email - Is it possible with coppermine gallery?  (Read 12988 times)

crl

• Coppermine regular visitor
Bulk email - Is it possible with coppermine gallery?
« on: May 15, 2015, 02:03:56 pm »

Is it possible to send all coppermine gallery members a bulk email? It's not spamming, just need members aware of gallery updates..

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Bulk email - Is it possible with coppermine gallery?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 02:08:43 pm »

Currently that is not possible. In the past it was always something we didn't want to do as there is so much junk email out there already. That is one of the reasons we added the feeds in coppermine, so we could inform admins of updates without sending an email.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 10:00:15 pm »

If I remember correctly something like that has already been asked and I replied with a simple script, which prints all users' email addresses, so you can copy & paste them to your mail client. Of course it should also be possible to let Coppermine send the emails, but such a mod/plugin currently doesn't exist, as far as I know.

crl

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 11:57:55 pm »

Thanks for the information, I will try to locate it with a search.  I still think it will be a great mod, if used wisely..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.