Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: remove added date (& yes i have rtfm)  (Read 5140 times)

adeibiza

• Coppermine newbie
remove added date (& yes i have rtfm)
« on: February 28, 2011, 04:15:35 pm »

all ive found on a search is an old post in 1.3 support which talked about changing 4 lines in the functions.inc and another which just suggested rtfm - which didnt say anything relevant or help  (btw not sure whether RTFM is the proper acronym - maybe FTM would be more appropriate and less abusive - #justsayin)

that didnt work (i'm on latest 1.5)

i searched functions.inc and found 2 instances of

$lang_display_thumbnails['date_added'] . localised_date($row['ctime'], $lang_date['album']);

(at 2976 & 3248) and commented them both out but the date added still shows - ive also double checked the theme.php file to make sure that didnt override it and there's nothing in there

ive looked at the docs and looked in album list props

ive unchecked "Display file caption (in addition to title) below the thumbnail" in config

if i've missed this somewhere i apologise

(link: http://gig-ticket.com/index.php)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: remove added date (& yes i have rtfm)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 04:25:00 pm »

The answer is quite easy, but as you (or the theme author, I don't know) have removed the Coppermine footer, I doubt you'll get support, sorry. That's also part of the docs:

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.5.10 (stable)-->
You also should upgrade your gallery to the latest stable release (cpg1.5.12) immediately.

Moving to themes board.

adeibiza

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 04:52:58 pm »

sorry i didnt realise i had removed the coppermine link - i thought i had left in the footer as there was a bunch of copyright lines - hadnt thought that there wasnt an actual cp link - i did remove my hosters link since it was a div under </html> which is probably where it was (unless it wasnt in the theme i used ?)

re: removing the added date - if its easy then instead of saying its easy why doesnt anyone actually point it out ?

thats all ive seen on here

i have searched for it in the forums and in the docs and the faq but i couldnt see anything - which is why i asked the question in the first place ???

i will now upgrade to latest version (i only installed it 3 days ago so assumed i had the latest one) and add the powered by coppermine in the footer - (ps the theme download came from these boards and is part of one of the themes actually in the cp demo section)

:)

kisses

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 05:09:00 pm »

Feel happy with the following solution while you haven't restored the original footer nor updated your gallery to the latest version. Open include/functions.inc.php and comment out/delete
Code: [Select]
        if (in_array('ctime', $must_have)) {
            $caption .= '<span class="thumb_caption">' . localised_date($row['ctime'], $lang_date['lastup']) . '</span>';
        }

adeibiza

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 05:44:36 pm »

will do so after i update and i'll leave a note in my theme folder - thank you :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.