Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload via Mobile?  (Read 7519 times)

bigmike

• Coppermine newbie
Upload via Mobile?
« on: January 10, 2011, 06:36:59 pm »

OK. Let me say first that I have searched through the forums for an answer and the most recent post was way back in 2006. All external links to possible code sem to go to sites that are no longer around. I have looked at the documentation and there doesn't seem to be a mention of mobile uploading. Seems like people get started on this and then the feature gets orphaned. Seems like MMS is not going to work for everyone but maybe registering your number will.

So, here is my question/request.
Does Coppermine allow users to upload via mobile through either "registering" their mobile number like Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/mobile/) and Webshots (http://www.webshots.com/html/mobile_camera.html) does?
What is the official Coppermine stance on this?

Considering society is becoming more mobile, I thought this would be a core feature, but I can't seem to find any gallery script that does this.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Upload via Mobile?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 10:54:02 am »

I don't know how it works on facebook or webshots. But I assume the 'regular' upload mechanism works on any device with a browser.

bigmike

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Upload via Mobile?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 10:08:29 pm »

For phones with a browser, that would work. But both of the sites can do it with out a browser.
They allow you send a photo to an email address, either generic or specific like photos@mysite.com or myphotosaccount@mysite.com
They ask you to register your cell to your account. The system routes the incoming image to the right account.

So, if I take a photo with my non-smart phone, I can send a picture message to Facebook using by texting to the email address.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.