Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload problems with Jupload 4.1.0 on cp 1.5.10  (Read 8859 times)

Cath22

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fotofantastic
Upload problems with Jupload 4.1.0 on cp 1.5.10
« on: December 28, 2010, 08:32:32 pm »

Hi,

Big Problem 1 - Upload big photos doesnt work - maybe maxNonTransformedPictureSize does not work?

I use photos that are bigger (2496) in pixels than the set size in Coppermine (2048), therefore I am using Jupload because it can resize before uploading.
(works fine on my production site running Coppermine 1.4.25 and Jupload 3.6.1)

But testing Coppermine 1.5.10 with Jupload 4.1.0, I also have set Jupload maxNonTransformedPictureSize to 1024, but upon selecting the picture in the applet I get message "Picture '...' is too big.  It will be uploaded unchanged (no rotation, resizing...)"  (Preview works fine by the way)

And after that an error message 'wjhk.jupload2.policies.CoppermineUploadPolicy.checkUploadProcess(): The string "^SUCCESS$" was not found in the response body'

Checking the debug it seems to be an memory overload, which is understandable because the initial photo is to big (the standard upload also failed on that), but apparently the resizing has not taken place?

As said, my production site is running on Coppermine 1.4.25 and Jupload 3.6.1, Same server, Same settings, Same photos uploaded, and have had NO problems???

Debug included

Small Problem 2 - clicking the Browse button
Upon testing Coppermine 1.5.10 with Jupload 4.1.0 when clicking on the Browse button I get  : An error occured while loading the image icon for C:\Document and settings...... (this happens with Firefox and Chrome), but upon retrying it works fine so I guess it just a settings problem?

Debug included

Sites http://www.fotofantastic2.nl - testsite http://test2.fotofantastic2.nl
qui custodiet ipsos custodes

Cath22

• Fotofantastic
Re: Upload problems with Jupload 4.1.0 on cp 1.5.10
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 09:43:42 pm »

Well I guess the fault is on my side, upon some more digging, I seemed to have an older Java runtime, that solved problem 1, the 2nd is still there but as said not more than a nuissance, not a show stopper.

Thanks anyway

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 09:31:46 pm »

My mail notification did not work. So I missed this message.

Sorry for that.

About your point 2 : are you using TIF pictures ?

If yes, there is a known bug, now corrected. I'll deliver a new version...

Etienne

Cath22

• Fotofantastic
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 04:24:04 am »

My mail notification did not work. So I missed this message.

Sorry for that.

About your point 2 : are you using TIF pictures ?

If yes, there is a known bug, now corrected. I'll deliver a new version...

Etienne

Hello Etienne,

No I am using only JPG files, and after installing an even newer Java version that problem disappeared somehow. However unfortunately another problem came to survace, of which I think it relates to the Java engine of some sort, not sure.
It happens when selecting a directory with pictures (jpg in this case), the system wants to make thumbnails to show, and then memory gets overloaded (showing in the log messages), and would you select pictures to upload, even one, you get error message, that picture is too big, cannot resized, and after that the same error messages as stated in above message. (no matter what size pictures are)

Now I have found a way to overcome this (workaround if you like), when entering the directory, select immediately all files with CTRL-A and hit return/select, so that is before thumbnails can be made, or at least one, I think it goes wrong after the 4th thumbnail.
So when you're quick it will work, wait too long and it hangs.

I have experienced it on different machines, xp and vista. the machine on which i had it working before (older java version), crashed unfornately, so I cant check back anymore.

Thanks

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 11:14:42 am »

Hi,

In the attached log, there are two very different errors :

1) error_browse_button.txt
"Can't read input file". Are you sure that the current user may read these files ?  Any special rights on these files ?

2) error_uploading.txt
Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /include/picmgmt.inc.php
Actually occurs after the 'too big picture' error. The picture is sent as is to the server, and is too big for the server to manage within the maximum allowed memory size per script execution.

Hum, hum. I must solve the first one, to that the picture get resized before upload.

Question : does this happen also when you drag'n'drop the same picture(s) on the applet ?

Etienne
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.