Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a way to get a resumable upload resumed  (Read 6468 times)

zemen

• Coppermine newbie
a way to get a resumable upload resumed
« on: February 10, 2011, 06:51:59 pm »

Hi guys,

in primis this is a very great job!!! pass through firewall (80 port), proxies, etc.
What I finally point out is there's no way to get a resumable upload resumed, isn't it?

If it's so, where should I manege to write code to get this great applet resume capable?
I mean I wish, when using the POST-Method and before upload start (first chunk), applet sends a request to the server (a server side script would manage this) to determine wether the file already exists. The server sends the length in the response to tell the applet how big the file already is. JUpload will then auto-resume the upload and only send the rest of the chunks.

Does it exist yet?

Thanks in advance,
zemen

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
Re: a way to get a resumable upload resumed
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:30:27 pm »

Hi,

First : sorry for the delay. I didn't receive the mail notification.

I think this question is relative to the applet itself, not to the Coppermine plug. Right ?

If I understand correctly, what you mean is : if a part of the file has been sent, then it should not be sent again for the next try. Right ?

I guess it should be nice, for big file, that is : mainly for chunk upload. It would be much easier to manage.

It would be : if several chunks where sent, and I resumable error occurs, then only the non-correctly-sent-chunks should be resent. This could be managed on server side only. I guess it's actually the way it work... I'll check that.

Etienne
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.