Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WMV and WMA Plugin using JW Player for Silverlight  (Read 18779 times)

bjcworks

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
WMV and WMA Plugin using JW Player for Silverlight
« on: November 07, 2010, 06:50:47 am »

This plugin is an alternative to browser WMV player addons or the desktop Windows Media Player.  It is built with Microsoft's Silverlight.  The JW Player for Silverlight is a simple, flexible player for displaying Windows Media video, audio and (live) streams on your website.  The user's browser might request the install of the "Silverlight" addon the first time a WMV or WMA file is played on your website.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:10:04 am by bjcworks »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: WMV and WMA Plugin using JW Player for Silverlight
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 07:14:49 pm »

Thanks for your contribution.

shortmort37

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 01:04:54 am »

I installed this plugin, and added a wmv file as the last object in an album here:

http://www.59plymouth.net/59gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1&page=8

I'm told "the player will be placed here", but no player is forthcoming (see attachment).  I observe this in both Firefox and Chrome.

The user's browser might request the install of the "Silverlight" addon the first time a WMV or WMA file is played on your website.

Neither browser requested the addon.  Any ideas about how I can diagnose what's wrong?

Thanks
Dan

shortmort37

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 01:34:56 am »

I was interested in this plugin as an alternative to flash - until I discovered that there was a flash plugin for Coppermine!  So, while I'm still interested to know what the issue was here, I'm not actively seeking a solution - limiting video uploads to flash will work for me.

Thanks
Dan

google

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 03:46:59 am »

I also get the same error "the player will be placed here". Do we need to do any changes to settings in filetypes?

Another issue with plugin, if you have already installed the flv player plugin, it gives the following error if I try to install wmv plugin.

Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare fmp_get_html() (previously declared in /www/vhosts/xxxx.com/httpdocs/videos/plugins/windows_media_player/codebase.php:26) in /www/vhosts/xxxx.com/httpdocs/videos/plugins/flash_media_player/codebase.php on line 74
Looking forward to update.

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 06:15:52 pm »

It seems that the place holder message should be replaced by javascript. Do you have it enabled?

@bjcworks: it might be worth to mention that your plugin isn't released under GNU GPL but under Creative commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported and Microsoft Public License.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 06:21:14 pm by papukaija »

bjcworks

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 01:30:55 am »

I installed this plugin, and added a wmv file as the last object in an album here:

http://www.59plymouth.net/59gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1&page=8

I'm told "the player will be placed here", but no player is forthcoming (see attachment).  I observe this in both Firefox and Chrome.

Neither browser requested the addon.  Any ideas about how I can diagnose what's wrong?

Thanks
Dan
I tested my plugin on CPG 1.5.8 but for some unknown reason the Silverlight javascript source files were not installing correctly for others.  Please use the updated download cpg1.5.x_plugin_windows_media_file_v1.1.zip

Cheers,
bjcworks
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:16:05 am by bjcworks »

bjcworks

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 01:36:38 am »

Dan (shortmort37), from what you have shown it appears you need to add dimensions to your video file in the Admin section.

Regards,
bjcworks

bjcworks

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 01:25:50 am »

I was interested in this plugin as an alternative to flash - until I discovered that there was a flash plugin for Coppermine!  So, while I'm still interested to know what the issue was here, I'm not actively seeking a solution - limiting video uploads to flash will work for me.

Thanks
Dan

Thanks for catching this issue, fixed in cpg1.5.x_plugin_windows_media_player_v1.1 download.

Cheers,
bjcworks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.