Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: maxNonTransformedPictureSize not respected?  (Read 6144 times)

peterlustig

• Coppermine regular visitor
maxNonTransformedPictureSize not respected?
« on: November 04, 2010, 02:03:30 pm »

Salut Etienne, dear all,

first of all: thanks a lot for JUpload, this is a great plugin, which allows me to have even my mum (who doesn't know and understand anything about picture resizing) upload pictures to our family site...

However, I don't really understand the way the maxNonTransformedPictureSize parameter works. From the JUpload configuration menu I would expect for pictures smaller than the maxNonTransformedPictureSize NOT to be touched by JUpload/Java. However, this is not what happens. Pictures smaller than maxNonTransformedPictureSize don't get resized but resampled. The files uploaded to the server are way smaller than the originals, probably due to the pictureCompressionQuality=0.8 setting (if pictureCompressionQuality set to 1.0, those files on the server are way bigger than the originals).

Also with maxNonTransformedPictureSize  set to -1 pictures smaller than the MaxSize specified in the cpg settings are resampled. And those larger than the cpg MaxSize are resized/downscaled to the cpg MaxSize.

Is there any way to have JUpload only touch pictures larger than a specified size?

I am running coppermine 1.5.8 rev 7995, JUpload v4.1.0.

In advance, thanks a lot for any help!

Cheers, Peter

PS. I am interested in the plugin as my servers mem limit of 40M doesn't allow GD to generate normals and thumbs of pictures larger than ~3000 pixels on the long side. Thus, I have Coppermine's maxsize set to 3000px. However, if ever possible, it would be really great, if JUpload could also handle the generation und subsequent upload of the normals/thumbs. This would allow to upload and share the original files out of cam (most of today's consumer cams deliver pictures larger than 8 megapixels...). But this is probably way too complicated.... Dreaming on...

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
Re: maxNonTransformedPictureSize not respected?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:35:28 pm »

Oups, a very late answer (I miss my mail notification).

Check the pictureTransmitMetadata configuration parameter. I guess it's set to false, which is the default. Read the comment first.

Etienne

peterlustig

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: maxNonTransformedPictureSize not respected?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 12:21:01 pm »

Wow -- thanks, in fact I have just read your explanation. Somehow didn't get a notice on your reply. Now I am running in a different problem, which I'll describe in a new post, so can't really check whether your input solved the problem.

Cheers, Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.