Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade and customization - will pay for reliable, secure, guaranteed work  (Read 12192 times)

syennesis

• Coppermine newbie

Hi everyone,

I have been using Coppermine for about 6 years, but frankly I do not have the time nor the expertise to upgrade to 1.5 and then make the necessary customized tweaks on my coin hobby site (and my "friend" who was helping me is no longer "available"). I will share the link to my website by private message (but will post the final work here for all to see, if satisfied). 

I am currently running 1.4.26, and perhaps upgrading to 1.5 can resolve my specific needs.  But I also need certain features like:  1. consistent and simple links (as my users keep linking to wrong pages), 2. search option by file number, 3. better layout/custom theme (particularly the main page), 4. integration of google ads and banners, 5. more secure registration process (to prevent bots), 6. integration of other modules (for example, to organize and post related links or articles), and other minor tweaks.  I also want to re-design my logo and overall look of the website and make it look "one of a kind," which needs some artistic flare (but perhaps the design work can be contracted out).

I have a small budget right now because it is just an educational website, but I am hoping to generate some more funds through ads (which can also pay for work).  I am willing to pay now for reliable and secure work by a professional who will stand behind the work.  So, if you could be a bit flexible with my budget and willing to make a small investment of time to make sure I get a fantastic end result, let's talk!  (We have over 7,500 images now and the website has a bright future.)  Also, perhaps I am a bit paranoid, but I would prefer to be dealing with a person in the US and California (though that does not necessarily rule out others), and I would want to sign a specific scope of work, time table for completion and confidentiality agreement .... I have worked with a few website designers and, frankly, I am a bit disappointed and do not want to have the same (or different) problems.  And since I am giving full access to my website, I would want things to be done properly and securely.

Please send/post a message here, or you can also contact me at lostinspace2001@hotmail.com.  Please provide some info about yourself, some examples of your work, and some general estimate for the upgrade and above specs (just as a general idea, I understand specifics can be different).  Thanks!  D

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Upgrade and customization - will pay for reliable, secure, guaranteed work
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 11:59:23 pm »

cpg1.5.8 does some of what you want
  • consistent links - using pid
  • more secure registration process - using captcha or recaptcha

Please explain this better? Do you mean the pid, the file name or something else?
search option by file number

What do you want done?
better layout/custom theme

This is easy using anycontent or custom headers and footers. Can also be done in the theme.
integration of google ads and banners

Not sure what you mean by this? Something like what miniCMS does?
integration of other modules (for example, to organize and post related links or articles)

Are you taking about just your Coppermine theme or literary your whole website?
I also want to re-design my logo and overall look of the website and make it look "one of a kind," which needs some artistic flare (but perhaps the design work can be contracted out).

Please elaborate a little on this.
I have a small budget

I do live in the USA, but on the east coast. You can find the work I've done with Coppermine by searching this site. I have done webdesign before and am willing to let you have a look at some of the sites.

If you you can give a few more details I will be interested in doing this job.

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

syennesis

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 03:10:18 am »

Jeff, thank you for your response.  To answer your questions (also for benefit of others reading) and to make thing clear -

cpg1.5.8 does some of what you want
  • consistent links - using pid
  • more secure registration process - using captcha or recaptcha

OK, I was planning to upgrade anyways.

Please explain this better? Do you mean the pid, the file name or something else?

Currently, Coppermine assigns a number to each uploaded image and corresponding user description (associated database file), which can be seen at the end of the Coppermine generated link to that specific file/image.  So, for example, the html link to a particular item would look like this - http://www.website.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2195

This last number (2195 in this case) is not searchable right now.  I want to be able to specifically display it (as a unique gallery reference) and search for it.

On a related issue of simple links, I would like my gallery to always show the type of link (above) in the browser, and NOT some weird positional link like this - http://www.website.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=159&pos=69

What do you want done?

I want to modify some theme like "classic" and make the layout more tight (for example, so not so much space is wasted in the middle of the main page between the names of my albums and their statistics).  I want to add my logo on top of this modified theme.  Pretty simple, I would think.  Not sure why Coppermine does not allow admin to design/layout the main page of themes.

This is easy using anycontent or custom headers and footers. Can also be done in the theme.
I need both google ads and banners (that have some click statistics, etc.) to be integrated into specific pages of the gallery

Not sure what you mean by this? Something like what miniCMS does?
Looked at that, seems nifty.  But can you incorporate images through their editor?  I want to publish articles incorporating images from the gallery, and collect links to other relevant websites.

Are you taking about just your Coppermine theme or literary your whole website?

I emailed you a link to my website.  Once you take a look, you will understand.

Please elaborate a little on this.
I have a budget of about $500 right now, and will generate more through ads.  But I am looking for someone who is not just doing it for the money, and who will stay and help with the website long term.

I do live in the USA, but on the east coast. You can find the work I've done with Coppermine by searching this site. I have done webdesign before and am willing to let you have a look at some of the sites. If you you can give a few more details I will be interested in doing this job.

I searched the forum and could not find any of your work, so please direct me to something. I did not get any PM from you, so please contact me that way and we can discuss any further particulars.  Thanks!  D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:52:07 am by Joachim Müller »

syennesis

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 03:13:57 am »

Oops, sorry, please email me at lostinspace2001@hotmail.com

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 07:08:15 am »

I edited your previous reply and replaceced the italized sections with actual quotes, as your posting was hardly readable and it was nearly impssoible to figure out what you were saying and where you quoted Jeff. Please try to use the tools provided by our BBS app in the future.

I searched the forum and could not find any of your work, so please direct me to something. I did not get any PM from you, so please contact me that way and we can discuss any further particulars.  Thanks!  D
Show the last posts of Jeff Bailey

Oops, sorry, please email me at lostinspace2001@hotmail.com
Do not post your email address
It is not advisable to post your email address in your thread - this will only make email harvesters store your email address, resulting in even more spam. Just enable notifictions for the thread you start instead. You'll be emailed then if potential job takers reply to your thread.

Currently, Coppermine assigns a number to each uploaded image and corresponding user description (associated database file), which can be seen at the end of the Coppermine generated link to that specific file/image.  So, for example, the html link to a particular item would look like this - http://www.website.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2195

This last number (2195 in this case) is not searchable right now.  I want to be able to specifically display it (as a unique gallery reference) and search for it.

On a related issue of simple links, I would like my gallery to always show the type of link (above) in the browser, and NOT some weird positional link like this - http://www.website.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=159&pos=69
Has been taken care of in cpg1.5.x.

I want to modify some theme like "classic" and make the layout more tight (for example, so not so much space is wasted in the middle of the main page between the names of my albums and their statistics).  I want to add my logo on top of this modified theme.  Pretty simple, I would think.  Not sure why Coppermine does not allow admin to design/layout the main page of themes.
Creating your custom theme

I need both google ads and banners (that have some click statistics, etc.) to be integrated into specific pages of the gallery
Theme examples

I want to publish articles incorporating images from the gallery, and collect links to other relevant websites.
That's not what a gallery does - that's what a blog or CMS does. Imo you're looking at the wrong piece of software in this aspect.

I emailed you a link to my website.  Once you take a look, you will understand.
Why not post it publicly? You're trying to earn money using Google ads, so it must be a public site.

But I am looking for someone who is not just doing it for the money
Huh? For what other reason should someone do that?

syennesis

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 07:52:34 am »

I edited your previous reply and replaceced the italized sections with actual quotes, as your posting was hardly readable and it was nearly impssoible to figure out what you were saying and where you quoted Jeff. Please try to use the tools provided by our BBS app in the future.  Do not post your email address
It is not advisable to post your email address in your thread - this will only make email harvesters store your email address, resulting in even more spam. Just enable notifictions for the thread you start instead. You'll be emailed then if potential job takers reply to your thread.

My apologies for my lack of quote skills  :o  As far as e-mail, for some reason I am unable to send messages through this board, and if anyone wants to contact me privately, they can.  It is a public email already.

Creating your custom theme
Theme examples
That's not what a gallery does - that's what a blog or CMS does. Imo you're looking at the wrong piece of software in this aspect.

I realize these things can be easily done, but as you can see I would like to integrate with other types of software, if possible.  Joachim, if you can help me with the upgrade and some other tweaks, I'd be happy to give you part of the job.  Or please refer me to a good, reliable person.

Why not post it publicly? You're trying to earn money using Google ads, so it must be a public site.

OK, no problem (but no ads yet) - http://www.asiaminorcoins.com/gallery/index.php
The main website (html shell) is here - http://www.asiaminorcoins.com/

Huh? For what other reason should someone do that?

Well, for example, if someone also enjoys the collecting hobby and wants to help our educational project.  I'm saying, we need a reliable, long-term person to help with further technical aspects and in the future.  Thank you for your consideration.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 06:43:12 pm »

pm sent
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

syennesis

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 10:16:35 am »

Jeff did not get back to me about the project, so if anyone else can help me, please send PM or e-mail.  Thanks. D

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 08:53:21 pm »

I did reply. Please check your email I resent the reply.

If someone else feels up to it feel free to contact syennesis as well.

syennesis

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 06:43:40 am »

Sorry, I did receive the reply now from Jeff and hope to work with him

syennesis

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 01:45:12 am »

I'm sorry to say that Jeff Bailey started strong and eager, but then flaked and did not return my emails.

Moderator, please close this thread.  I will open new one with updated project description and specifics.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.