Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Template error: Failed to find block.  (Read 4306 times)

DenisG

• Coppermine regular visitor
Template error: Failed to find block.
« on: October 13, 2010, 03:33:13 pm »

Following a Fatal error with 1.4.x, I have upgraded to 1.5.8, solved the fatal error with the kind assistance from Andre, and am now faced with the Template error message which in fairness I expected. In 1.4 I was using a heavily modified Melting Film theme which has not been upgraded for 1.5. I have read the docs and I am aware that it could possibly be modified but the thing is, I don't want to use it in 1.5.

I like Curve Centred and have a trial version of 1.5.8 installed elsewhere on my website where I have modified it slightly to my initial acceptance. Is it possible to place the Curve and Curve Centred themes into my upgraded main gallery and run it with these and how/where would I need to alter any files to make these work?. If I could get any theme at all to work so I could get into config I would be very happy :-[.

As a thought, could an existing theme in 1.5.8, say Curve, be copied and renamed to Melting Film and uploaded to my main gallery themes folder and would this work?

My intention is to reverse engineer the Curve theme design or close copy of to my main website. My compliments to the Curve designer :)

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Template error: Failed to find block.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 03:41:23 pm »

Is it possible to place the Curve and Curve Centred themes into my upgraded main gallery and run it with these and how/where would I need to alter any files to make these work?
Just visit your gallery with the theme parameter (click here) and you'll see the curve theme. Now you have to go to your config and set curve as default theme.

DenisG

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 03:50:46 pm »

I am at a total loss as to how you did that Andre, but for the second time today I am eternally gratefull, many thanks indeed :) :) :)

My very best regards.

Denis.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 04:13:53 pm »

Marking as solved.

DenisG

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 06:59:38 pm »

Andre, reset everything I needed to in config and it's fine, except that it stuck on Curve and I want to use Curve_centered. It won't use any of the other themes either, just curve..........?

Denis.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.