Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.5.8 version upgrade failed, restored again but theme killed it.  (Read 5476 times)

nhammack

• Coppermine newbie
  • IamDexter
    • www.nathanhammack.com

I've been using "Simple Scripts" provided by my host as I've installed and upgraded Coopermine versions in the past. All has been well until this last update to 1.5.8 which failed and threw some errors on the Coppermine Gallery. I decided that I'd restore to the earlier version (1.4.27 - yes I know I'm a little behind) which was working fine, but looks like there is a template error when I upgraded.

Code: [Select]
Template error
Failed to find block 'plugin_manager' (#<!-- BEGIN plugin_manager -->(.*?)<!-- END plugin_manager -->#s) in :

<div align="center">
                <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1">
                        <tr>

<td class="admin_menu"><a href="admin.php" title="{ADMIN_TITLE}">{ADMIN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="catmgr.php" title="{CATEGORIES_TITLE}">{CATEGORIES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="albmgr.php{CATL}" title="{ALBUMS_TITLE}">{ALBUMS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="groupmgr.php" title="{GROUPS_TITLE}">{GROUPS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="usermgr.php" title="{USERS_TITLE}">{USERS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="banning.php" title="{BAN_TITLE}">{BAN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="reviewcom.php" title="{COMMENTS_TITLE}">{COMMENTS_LNK}</a></td>

<td class="admin_menu"><a href="picmgr.php" title="{PICTURES_TITLE}">{PICTURES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="searchnew.php" title="{SEARCHNEW_TITLE}">{SEARCHNEW_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="util.php" title="{UTIL_TITLE}">{UTIL_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="profile.php?op=edit_profile" title="{MY_PROF_TITLE}">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- BEGIN documentation -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="{DOCUMENTATION_HREF}" title="{DOCUMENTATION_TITLE}" target="cpg_documentation">{DOCUMENTATION_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- END documentation -->
                        </tr>
                </table>
                </div>

I was not using any plugin's however the one template I am currently using is: "I feel dirty" which from what I understand was a 1.4.x supported theme and not officially a 1.5.x supported theme and had been working for me.

Considering I'm doing a lot of this in an automated process I'm not too savvy when it comes to the update process. Luckily I am at least smart enough to perform a backup prior to any version changes. I'm just wondering where to I go from here as I'd like to upgrade and use the "I feel Dirty" theme, but I don't believe it's a 1.5.x supported theme. Am I just simply "SOL" if I want to keep the gallery updated and want to keep the theme?

Site it question is located at: http://www.sssalbatross.org/gallery

Thank you for your patience in answering "this" noob's question. ;D

nhammack

• Coppermine newbie
  • IamDexter
    • www.nathanhammack.com
Re: 1.5.8 version upgrade failed, restored again but theme killed it.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 08:43:00 pm »

I have preformed a search prior to asking the "noobish" question above, and found this reference from a new supported version of the "I feel Dirty" theme for 1.5.x, however I don't see that it's officially being supported in the downloads section and it leads me to believe it that perhaps I shouldn't use it? = http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,64898.0.html

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:49:52 pm by Jeff Bailey »
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 08:46:17 pm »

You can try the one in that thread ... just use the one from this post => http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,64898.msg322471.html#msg322471
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

nhammack

• Coppermine newbie
  • IamDexter
    • www.nathanhammack.com
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 01:19:05 am »

Well I was able to upgrade to 1.5.8 and I applied the new 1.5.x I feel dirty theme, and all looks good again after a few minor image tweaks to fit the theme as I had it before, but all looks well again. The only thing that's driving me nuts but, "out of site out of mind" is that damn notification that states, "The value you have set for «Path to ImageMagick 'convert' utility» is invalid, please review it." I don't have anything set in that field... so I dunno what the heck it's referring to since I don't think I had anything there in version 1.4.27.

Oh well, thus far it's looking like it's self once more: http://www.sssalbatross.org/gallery  8)

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 04:42:27 am »

If you use G2 just ignore that error.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.